The Pastel Society of the Southwest is a non-profit volunteer-run art organization located in the Dallas–Fort Worth metroplex within Texas. We were established in 1979 to further education, appreciation for, and encouragement for the use of the soft pastel medium and going strong with over 70 members.
GALLERY SHOW: We are holding our 40th National Juried Exhibition in a gallery during September 15 and October 31, 2021 in at the Grapevine Convention & Visitors Bureau located in Grapevine, Texas. We invite you to view our juried exhibition and be a part of our quest for the highest artistic excellence in the soft pastel medium. This year’s show will be juried and judged by nationally recognized artist Karen Margulis, who will also conduct a demo a multiple day pastel workshop.
- Entry fee of $35 for PSSW members entering 1-3 images and $10 for each additional entry with a maximum of 5 entries. PSSW Membership fees are $35 and are due by August 31 of each year.
- Entry fee of $45 for non-members entering 1-3 images and $10 for each additional entry, with a maximum of 5 entries.
IMPORTANT DATES 2021:
- March Call for entries
- August 4 (Wed) Entry deadline, http://www.onlinejuriedshows.com
- August 13 Notification of acceptance
- Please check your e-mail carefully, even SPAM! You can also check your portfolio at Online Juried Shows.
- September 3-10 Out of town deliveries due to shipping agent: Navis Pack and Ship
- September 13 (Mon) Hand delivered and shipped entries will be accepted at the Grapevine Convention & Visitors Bureau between 10a.m. – 1 p.m.
- September 15 (Wed) Exhibition opens at Grapevine Convention & Visitors Bureau
- September 16-19 Grapefest, 35th Annual festival in Grapevine, Texas
- October 3 Pastel demonstration by Karen Margulis.
- Exhibition awards ceremony will follow the demo.
- October 4-6 Pastel workshop by Karen Margulis. Please contact our workshop chair for more information.
- October 31 Exhibition closes
- November 1 (Mon) Pick-up of all entries at the Grapevine Convention & Visitors Bureau, from 10a.m to 1 p.m.
- November 30 Shipped entries will be returned by this date