Artist Reception on Saturday, Feb. 29 at 3 p.m.
Free and open to the public
New Irving Archives & Museum Exhibition Highlights Indian Contributions to America; India a la Art: A Culture Collective
On Feb. 16, a new traveling exhibit from the Smithsonian opens at the Irving Archives and Museum (IAM), 801 W. Irving Blvd., that explores the Indian American experience and the community’s political, professional and cultural contributions to American life and history. “Beyond Bollywood: Indian Americans Shape the Nation” will run through April 11.
India a la Art: A Culture Collective
Special Event in February, March
The IAM with the ThinkIndia Foundation invites the community to immerse themselves in a special concurrent event, “India a la Art: A Culture Collective,” that will run concurrently with the Smithsonian exhibit. All activities are free with museum admission, unless indicated. Activities include:
- 10:30 a.m. Feb. 22 | Aroma & Mandala Art Therapies
- 12:30 p.m. Feb. 22 | Gentle Yoga and Therapeutic Movement
- 2:30 p.m. Feb. 22 | Chair Yoga for All
- 3:30 p.m. Feb. 22 | The Art of Making Indian Chai | $15
- 1 p.m. Feb. 23 | Ayurveda for Modern Living
- 3 p.m. Feb. 23 | Tips for Using Body and Breath to Self-Manage Mood and Stress
- 11 a.m. Feb 29 | Integrating Daily Yoga for a Healthy Life
- 3 p.m. Feb. 29 | Yogananda in America: A Guided Meditation
- 3 p.m. Feb. 29 | India a la Art: Artist Reception
- 4 p.m. Feb. 29 | Poetry for Creativity and Consciousness
- 1 p.m. March 1 | A Journey of Introspection: Mudras in Motion
- 3 p.m. March 1 | Improve Health and Lifestyle: Ancient and Modern Indian Food Techniques
- 4:15 p.m. | Marma: Energy Healing Through Touch
Registration is required. Register online now.
New Hours: Beginning Feb. 16, the IAM’s operating hours are:
- Wednesday 12 – 5 p.m.
- Thursday 12 – 5 p.m.
- Friday 12 – 5 p.m.; first Friday each month, 12 – 7 p.m.
- Saturday 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Sunday 12 – 4 p.m.