WICHITA FALLS ART ASSOCIATION
2021 ANNUAL PHOTOGRAPHY EXHIBITION
June 1, 2021 through June 30
Cash Prizes Totaling $1,000.00
To download the prospectus and entry form click here
CALL FOR ENTRIES: Only original images created via the following forms of photography will be accepted for consideration:
• Film or digital capture
• Minimal Photo Manipulation for categories 1-4 (Images beyond basic crop, color, contrast and brightness must be entered into the Manipulated Imagery Category including images with added textures and HDR) • Manipulated imagery-(alternative processes and HDR accepted for Category 5 only)
ELIGIBILITY & RULES:
• Artists age 18 or older may submit images for consideration.
• The photographs must be original in concept and execution, not previously submitted for this exhibition, created by the person who enters the work. It is the photographer’s responsibility to obtain permission from any individual who is the subject of any photograph entered in this contest. The photographer, by submitting photographs for this competition, acknowledges that permission has been obtained from the subject.
• Only the first 150 entries will be accepted that meet prospectus guidelines.
• The photographs must have been produced within the last three (3) years and not have been entered in previous WFAA Photography Exhibitions.
PRESENTATION AND SIZE GUIDELINES:
- Entries must not exceed 24×30 including frame.
- Prints need to be framed, behind glass or Plexiglas, and should arrive at the Gallery “ready to hang”. Ready to hang requires D hooks and wire not string. Apex of the wire must be at least 3” below top of the frame. No sawtooth hangers, staples, or tape will be accepted. Frames and any mats used need to be clean and in good repair.
- Photographs are also accepted on canvas; gallery-profile canvases do not require a frame, but any canvas under the size of gallery-profile does require a frame.
- Prints on metal are also acceptable, with an approved hanging device on the back of the print.
CATEGORY 1: LAND OR CITYSCAPES Subject Matter: These images should depict the scenery as the primary subject matter, and lack focusing on human or animal elements. Enter photographs that are color, black and white or sepia/selenium toned. CATEGORY 2: ANIMALS Subject Matter: These images should depict animals with fur, feathers, scales, wings or other characteristics attributed to the animal kingdom. Enter photographs that are color, black and white or sepia/selenium toned. CATEGORY 3: PEOPLE Subject Matter: These images should depict a person or persons. Images must be suitable for viewing by all audiences. Enter photographs that are serious, sultry or hamming it up. Entries considered offensive will not be accepted. No wedding photographs. Enter photographs that are color, black and white or sepia/selenium toned.
CATEGORY 4: STILL LIFE Subject Matter: These images should depict typically commonplace objects which may be either natural (food, flowers, plants, rocks, or shells) or man-made (drinking glasses, books, vases, jewelry, coins, pipes, and so on). Images with people or animals do not qualify under this category. Enter photographs that are color, black and white or sepia/selenium toned. CATEGORY 5: MANIPULATED IMAGERY ANY SUBJECT
Copy of 2021 Call for entry – photography show
Begin by filling out the attached registration/entry form. Entries must be hand-delivered to the Wichita Falls Art Gallery in the Historic Holt Hotel located at 600 8th Street, Wichita Falls, TX. Please have your artist/photographer information and label information filled out prior to drop off.
CALENDAR SUBMISSION & AWARDS:
May 28, 2021 – Deadline for submission of entries, registration form, and entry fee.
June 2, 2021– Artists Reception and Awards Presentation. Reception 5:30pm to 8:30pm
June 30,, 2021- Pick up entries during gallery hours (10-5). All entries left over 30 days will become the property of Wichita Falls Art Association.
WFAA Members: $30 for up to 3 entries. (3 entries max). Non-Members: $40 for up to 3 entries. (3 entries max). The artist must decide if he or she wishes to compete in all or some combination of the five categories. Category must be specified per entry on the entry form.
Final acceptance of entries in the WFAA 2021 Annual Photography Show is up to the Photography Show Committee’s discretion after viewing the delivered pieces. If the print quality or the framing or the presentation device are not suitable quality for gallery presentation, the Committee may ask the artist to replace whichever element is not suitable or may reject the piece altogether. No refunds of entry fees.
Exhibited work will be available for sale by the artist unless the artist designates certain entries NFS (not for sale). The WFAA gallery will handle sales for each item sold. WFAA takes no commission. It will be necessary to leave sold images on display through the end of the exposition. Sold mages can then be picked up on or after June 30.
WFAA will do everything possible to keep each piece safe. However, submission of an entry is at the artist’s own risk. The declared value of the work must be reasonable and in line with the artist’s previous sales. It is suggested that an artist wanting more protection insure his or her own art (some homeowner’s policies may include protection and should be checked).
USE OF IMAGES:
All entrants agree that any image they submit to the WFAA Annual Photography Exhibition may be used for marketing and promotional purposes directly related to the WFAA Photography Show. This use may include publication in any Wichita Falls Art Association publications, printed materials, advertisements, or electronic media, including but not limited to the WFAA website, newsletter, and gallery shows. (Copyright and all other rights remain that of the Artist.)
Show Chairperson: Mike Fiore at (940)767-0460 or Chetancikala@gmail.com@gmail,com Cindy Thomas (940)733-1562 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
WICHITA FALLS ART ASSOCIATION
Wichita Falls Art Association is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, and is 100% operated by volunteers. WFAA is dedicated to promoting the visual arts in the North Texas area. Our mission is to promote local artists and to encourage interest and appreciation in the visual arts. We were founded in 1949, and our association provides a medium in which the public can view various forms of art by local artists. We encourage all levels of artists to join the association and exhibit their art with us.
There are many volunteer opportunities available If interested, please contact Dotti LeSieur at (940) 235-5833 or at dot email@example.com. Gallery Hours are Tuesday-Saturday, 10-5 pm.
Wichita Falls Art Association 2021 Annual Photography Exhibition Registration:
Please complete this form and deliver it with your entries and your entry fee (Cash or Check) no later than May 28, 2021 by 5 pm. to: Wichita Falls Art Association Gallery, 600 8th Street, Wichita Falls TX, 76301