We are constantly on the move in our daily lives. Walking, driving, dancing, exercising. Photographing movement can reflect a myriad of stories that tell of new beginnings, pure enjoyment, restlessness, chaos, and the simplicity of just being. Whether you capture the idea of movement, the anticipation before the action, or the blur of the moment, DCP invites you to submit images that uniquely embody the art of motion.
This call for entry welcomes submissions from all levels of photographers. Selections will be featured in an exhibition in the DCP Gallery in January 2022.
This competition is not open to former or current DCP employees, instructors, board members, corporate sponsors and partner companies, or their immediate families.
December 27 – Call closes
Week of December 27 – Selections and winners announced
January 2022 (Dates TBD) – Delivery of framed artwork and in-person gallery reception at DCP
SUBMISSION RULES AND DETAILS
- Everyone of all ages, from amateur and professional, is eligible to participate in this juried competition.
- All images will be submitted through Smarter Entry.
- Our judge will be looking for images that embody the art of movement and captures motion or the idea of motion in a unique way.
- Each applicant may submit up to 10 images for consideration.
- There are no restrictions on the type of camera or process used.
- All images must be original works of the photographer.
- General Entry: $35 initial entry fee allows you to submit 1-3 images. Up to 7 additional images can be submitted for $5 per image. Entrants can submit a maximum of 10 images.
- DCP members receive a 20% discount on the initial entry fee with a promo code: $28.80 for 1-3 images. Up to 7 additional images can be submitted for $5 per image. The promo code can be found when you log into your member account. Not a DCP member? Join now!
Sponsored by: Arlington Camera
- First place: $500
- Second place: $350
- Third place: $150