NOTE: Regretfully we canceled the 2021 competition due to closure of the gallery for building repairs. But good news, the competition will now be in early 2022! The 2020 competition wasn’t held due to the pandemic. For the Winners Gallery from the 2019 Photography Show show, click here.
REQUIREMENTS in brief: (see the 2022 prospectus for the complete rules)
Open to all D/FW and surrounding area residents.
▪ All submissions must be the original work of the photographer participating in the show.
▪ Either film or digital is acceptable. For digital images, black and white film and color film images, a reasonable post production allows for adjustments to exposure, brightness, contrast and correction to dirt spots or other flaws in the image. Identifiable excessive post production and/or non-standard (digital art processes) may disqualify the entry from judging with no refund of submission fee. Painted photographs, added digital illustration, or other mixed media will disqualify the entry from judging.
▪ Any subject matter will be considered as acceptable, except nudes, although the Curator of the show, and the IAA Board of Directors reserves the right to disqualify material which could be considered profane or in poor taste.
▪ Submitted works must have been created in the last 3 years (completed 2018-2022), and not accepted in a previous IAA Art Exhibit.
▪ Limit of one to three entries per photographer
▪ Finished piece must not exceed 36″ X 36″ outer dimension, and cannot weigh more than 20 lbs.
▪ For framing and wiring requirements, see the prospectus. NO CLEATS AND NO SAWTOOTH HANGERS. Back stapled, or gallery wrap stretched canvas may be used, and may be edge-image wrap, or framed.
COMPLETE PROSPECTUS click here
Digital images will be accepted: JPGs or PNGs with 300 pixels per inch resolution and a width and/or height maximum of 1800 pixels/6 inches. Maximum of 3MB. Images should show only the photograph (no frame, easel or background).
Name each .JPG or .PNG file with the photographer’s last name and first initial or name, followed by the title of the photograph or the entry number corresponding to entry number on the form.
Examples: SmithB_GorgeousSmile.png or Smith-Barney-1.jpg
ENTRY FEE (for up to three images)
$25 IAA Members
Submit your entry online with payment via PayPal or a check. No refunds. If you can’t pay through Paypal, bring a check at drop off).
REGISTER (Online entry deadline Thursday, October 28th by 11:59pm or whenever the maximum number has been received.)
▪ B&W FILM (PRINTED FROM NEGATIVE)
▪ COLOR FILM (PRINTED FROM NEGATIVE)
▪ B&W DIGITAL (DSLR, MIRRORLESS, CELL PHONE)
▪ COLOR DIGITAL (DSLR, MIRRORLESS, CELL PHONE)
SELECTION & AWARDS
All entries will be accepted into the competition, with the possible exception of content or size disqualification. Entries are accepted on a first come, first served basis. Termination of entry submission will be when the maximum number of submissions has been received, or on Thursday, January 20th, at 11:59 pm, whichever comes first. Awards will be selected at the discretion of the juror(s). If the photographer is not able to attend the Awards Reception, please notify the exhibit curator, Terry Cockerham, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Accepted work must remain on exhibit for the duration of the show.
Although the Irving Art Association, IPAR or the City of Irving will exercise due care in handling works submitted to the exhibition, these entities will NOT be responsible for loss or damage to any artwork.
▪ Online Entry Deadline : Thursday, Jan. 20th at 11:59.
▪ Hand delivered entries : Saturday, January 22 10:30 am – 3:00 pm Note: we will accept drop-in entries on Saturday if there is room – call 972-721-2488 during gallery hours to verify. Location: Jaycee Park Center for the Arts, 1975 Puritan Dr., Irving TX 75061
▪ Exhibit dates : January 23 – February 25, 2022
▪ Reception & Awards Ceremony : Saturday, February 12, 2-4 pm
▪ Art pick up : Saturday February 26, 10:30 am -3:00 pm
For the registration Form go to https://www.emailmeform.com/builder/form/b4D4ekm9rWza0NhY