IRVING ART ASSOCIATION
PHOTOGRAPHY AWARDS COMPETITION
(Previously IAA D/FW Juried Photography Competition)
Exhibit Curator: Terry Cockerham
For complete entry RULES, see the prospectus: 2019 IAA Photography Competition Prospectus
REQUIREMENTS in brief: (see the prospectus for the complete rules)
- All submissions must be the original work of the photographer participating in the show.
- Either film or digital is acceptable. For digital images, black and white film and color film images, a reasonable post production allows for adjustments to exposure, brightness, contrast and correction to dirt spots or other flaws in the image. Identifiable excessive post production and/or non-standard (digital art processes) may disqualify the entry from judging with no refund of submission fee. Painted photographs, added digital illustration, or other mixed media will disqualify the entry from judging.
- Any subject matter will be considered as acceptable, except nudes, although the Curator of the show, and the IAA Board of Directors reserves the right to disqualify material which could be considered profane or in poor taste.
- Submitted works must have been created in the last 2 years (completed after 01 November 2017), and not accepted in a previous IAA Art Exhibit.
- Limit of two entries per photographer
- Finished piece must not exceed 36″ X 36″ outer dimension, and cannot weigh more than 20 lbs.
- For framing and wiring requirements, see the prospectus. NO CLEATS AND NO SAWTOOTH HANGERS. Back stapled, or gallery wrap stretched canvas may be used, and may be edge-image wrap, or framed.
Digital images will be accepted: JPGs or PNGs with 300 pixels per inch resolution and a width and/or height maximum of 1800 pixels/6 inches. Maximum of 3MB. Images should show only the photograph (no frame, easel or background).
Name each .JPG or .PNG file with the photographer’s last name and first initial or name, followed by the title of the photograph or the entry number corresponding to entry number on the form.
Examples: SmithB_GorgeousSmile.png or Smith-Barney-1.jpg
$25 IAA Members
Submit your entry online with payment via PayPal or a check. No refunds. Checks may be mailed to Irving Art Association, P.O. Box 153581, Irving, TX 75015-3581 attn. Exhibits. (checks should be mailed by October 16, 2019, or may accompany artwork at drop off).
REGISTER (Online entry deadline Wednesday, 23 October 2019 by 11:59pm or whenever the maximum number has been received.)
- B&W FILM (PRINTED FROM NEGATIVE)
- COLOR FILM (PRINTED FROM NEGATIVE)
- B&W DIGITAL (DSLR, MIRRORLESS, CELL PHONE)
- COLOR DIGITAL (DSLR, MIRRORLESS, CELL PHONE)
SELECTION & AWARDS
All entries will be accepted into the competition, with the possible exception of content or size disqualification. Entries are accepted on a first come, first served basis. Termination of entry submission will be when the maximum number of submissions has been received, or on Wednesday, October 23, 2019 at 11:59 pm, whichever comes first. Awards will be selected at the discretion of the juror(s). If the photographer is not able to attend the Awards Reception, please notify the exhibit curator, Terry Cockerham, at email@example.com. Accepted work must remain on exhibit for the duration of the show through November 22, 2019.
- Entry Deadline : Wednesday, October 23, 2019 at 11:59 or whenever the maximum number has been received.
- Hand delivered entries : Saturday, October 26, 10 AM – 2 PM
Jaycee Park Center for the Arts, 1975 Puritan Dr., Irving TX 75061
- Exhibit opens : Sunday, October 27
- Reception & Awards Ceremony : Sunday, November 10, 2 PM– 4 PM
- Exhibit Closes : Friday, November 29
- Art pick up : Early pickup Wednesday, 27 November 2019 1 PM – 5 PM because of the Thanksgiving Holiday. OR Pick up Saturday 30 November 10 AM -2 PM
For the Winners Gallery from the 2018 show, click here.