IRVING ART ASSOCIATION
PHOTOGRAPHY AWARDS COMPETITION
(Previously IAA D/FW Juried Photography Competition)
Open to all D/FW and surrounding area residents.
Exhibit Curator: Terry Cockerham
For complete entry RULES, see the prospectus: 2018_IAA_PHOTO_AWARDS_COMP_PROSPECTUS
REQUIREMENTS in brief:
- All submissions must be the original work of the photographer participating in the show.
- Either film or digital is acceptable. For digital images, black and white film and color film images, a reasonable post production allows for adjustments to exposure, brightness, contrast and correction to dirt spots or other flaws in the image. Identifiable excessive post production and/or non-standard (digital art processes) may disqualify the entry from judging with no refund of submission fee. Painted photographs, added digital illustration, or other mixed media will disqualify the entry from judging.
- Any subject matter will be considered as acceptable, except nudes, although the Curator of the show, and the IAA Board of Directors reserves the right to disqualify material which could be considered profane or in poor taste.
- Submitted works must have been created in the last 2 years (completed after 01 November 2016), and not accepted in a previous IAA Art Exhibit.
- Limit of two entries, plus one challenge piece entry (total of three entries if challenge (“MACRO”) is met — all three pieces are allowed to meet the challenge).
- Finished piece must not exceed 36″ X 36″ outer dimension, and cannot weigh more than 20 lbs.
- For framing and wiring requirements, see the prospectus. NO CLEATS AND NO SAWTOOTH HANGERS. Back stapled, or gallery wrap stretched canvas may be used.
Digital images will be accepted: JPGs or PNGs with 300 pixels per inch resolution and a width and/or height maximum of 1800 pixels/6 inches. Maximum of 3MB. Images should show only the photograph (no frame, easel or background).
Name each .JPG or .PNG file with the photographer’s last name and first initial or name, followed by the title of the photograph or the entry number corresponding to entry number on the form.
Examples: SmithB_GorgeousSmile.png or Smith-Barney-1.jpg
$25 IAA members
Submit your entry online with payment via PayPal or a check. No refunds. Checks may be mailed to Irving Art Association, P.O. Box 153581, Irving, TX 75015-3581 attn. Exhibits. (checks should be mailed by October 15, 2018, or may accompany artwork at drop off).
1. B&W FILM (PRINTED FROM NEGATIVE)
2. COLOR FILM (PRINTED FROM NEGATIVE)
3. B&W DIGITAL (DSLR, MIRRORLESS, CELL PHONE)
4. COLOR DIGITAL (DSLR, MIRRORLESS, CELL PHONE)
5. CHALLENGE (MACRO)
SELECTION & AWARDS
All entries will be accepted into the competition, with the possible exception of content or size disqualification. Entries are accepted on a first come, first served basis. Termination of entry submission will be when the maximum number of submissions has been received, or on Wednesday, October 24, 2018 at 11:59 pm, whichever comes first. Awards will be selected at the discretion of the juror(s). If the photographer is not able to attend the Awards Reception, please notify the exhibit curator, Terry Cockerham, at email@example.com. Accepted work must remain on exhibit for the duration of the show through November 24, 2018.
- Entry Deadline Wednesday, October 24, 2018 at 11:59 or whenever the maximum number has been received.
- Hand delivered entries Saturday, October 27 • 10am – 2pm
Jaycee Park Center for the Arts, 1975 Puritan Dr., Irving TX 75061
- Exhibit opens Tuesday, October 30
- Reception & Awards Ceremony is Sunday, November 11 • 2 – 4 pm
- Exhibit Closes Wednesday, November 21
- Art pick up Saturday, November 24 • 10am – 2 pm