ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE
Themed Juried Show Call for Entry
1st Place $1000
2nd Place $500
3rd Place $250
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: Monday, November 1st, 2021 | Midnight (CST) https://dutchartgallery.net/featured/call-for-entry-all-you-need-is-love/
SHOW RUN: Sat, Dec 4th, 2021 through Fri, Dec 24th, 2021
SEE FULL PROSPECTUS
The All You Need Is Love theme was both suggested by our customers and voted on by our customers with it receiving nearly half the votes of the 5 nominated themes. With all the added strife in our lives for the past few of years, focusing on something that few can argue with, the value of love, seems to be what everyone needs. Artists, this theme is wide open. You can focus on human relationships, human and animal bonds, the symbology of love, pure color and movement, and much more. Use your imagination to create your own, original interpretation of All You Need Is Love.
• DEADLINE MONDAY, NOVEMBER 1ST, 2021. Show Opening Saturday, December 4th.
• Accepted media include: oil, acrylic, colored pencil, watercolor, pastel, charcoal and/or mixed media. No photography. No sculpture. If you are using a media not mentioned, please contact us for verification that we will accepting it.
• Art Entry must meet standard framing sizes. Gallery provides temporary framing for the run of the show.
• Gallery-wrapped canvas will be acceptable at any size because framing is not required. Must have minimum depth of 1.25 inches. Sides must be painted–either extend the painting to the sides or painted a solid color (no white/gesso or blank canvas on sides).
• Entry must be available to sell.
• Artist must include in the online registration a statement specific to each entered piece describing it and explaining the connection to the “All You Need Is Love” theme. This information will be included on the website and on wall tags if your piece is chosen. A written statement MUST accompany each entry.
• Entry must be original art produced by the artist registered. Work done by a production studio, in classes or workshops, work from kits, commercial designs, and derivative work is prohibited.
• Strict adherence to the theme is mandatory.
• Submit up to 3 entries for a nonrefundable $55 entry fee. Artwork must have been produced in 2020-2021 calendar years, nothing older will be considered–you will be asked to verify this on the submission form. Entries must not have been submitted in previous Dutch Art Gallery Juried Shows.
01 | Mon | Entry Deadline | Midnight CST
09-10 | Tues-Wed | Notification (Please check your spam folder followed by our website before calling us to check status)
13 | Sat | Delivery of Accepted Work Begins
20 | Sat | Delivery DEADLINE for Accepted Artwork
01 | Wed | Deadline for delivery of optional miniature art items for Goody Bag
04 | Sat | 11am-5pm | Due to ongoing Pandemic, Plans for Opening Reception and Awards are not firm at this time– awards announcement at 2pm will be either be Live on Facebook or posted soon after.
24 | Fri | Last full day of show (CLOSING EARLY AT 2PM)
08-15 | Sat-Sat | Painting Pick-Up. Local artists may pick up unsold work at Dutch Art Gallery and will not be subject to shipping charges. Unsold works will begin being shipped back to artists in original boxes during this week.
ABOUT DUTCH ART GALLERY:
Celebrating 55 years of providing custom framing tailored to fit your specific needs and showcasing original art from local to worldwide artists. Stop in to see monthly events or our semiannual national juried art shows. Our 7,000 square foot showroom is conveniently located in Lake Highlands at 10233 E. Northwest Hwy #420, Dallas, TX 75238. We feature an array of original oil, mixed media, limited edition prints and a growing private collection.