McKinney Arts Commission and Cadence Cyclery announce a call for professional artists to submit qualifications to be considered for a public art mural on the north-facing wall of the future Cadence Cyclery at the Woodsmen of the World Building at 119 S Tennessee Street, McKinney, TX 75069 in the Historic Downtown McKinney Cultural District. https://www.mckinneytexas.org/109/Arts-Commission — see tour of public art in McKinney
The art will be:
– Site specific
– Culturally appropriate
– Able to incorporate elements of bicycles or cycling
– Able to last for 15 years before maintenance would be require
The opportunity is available to Texas-based professional artists (18 years of age older) with previous experience in large-format artwork. Artists may apply and be considered independently, as part of a team, or both.
Project budget not to exceed $10,000 and will be inclusive of all costs associated with the artworks, including but not limited to, artist design fee, materials, installation labor, rentals, travel to and from the site, shipping, per diem expenses, project documentation, commercial liability insurance, and contingency to cover unexpected expenses.
• Monday, March 29- RFQ Issuance
• Friday, May 7 by 10:00pm – RFQ Deadline
• Friday, May 21 – Finalists Announced
• Tuesday, June 1 by 10:00pm – Concepts Due
• Saturday, June 5 – Commission Announcement with Artist Selection
• Saturday, July 3 – Mural must be complete