Dallas Center for Photography invites all DCP members to submit images to our 2nd Annual Members’ Juried Competition and Exhibition. You must be a current DCP member at the time of submission. Not a DCP member? Join now!
This call for entry is open-themed and welcomes submissions from all levels of photographers in all genres of photography. Selections will be featured in an exhibition in the DCP Community Gallery in September 2021. The photos will also be displayed in a virtual exhibition on the DCP website. https://dallascenterforphotography.org/exhibitions/calls-for-entry/
This competition is not open to DCP employees, instructors, board members, corporate sponsors and partner companies, or their immediate families.
August 10 – Online submission deadline
Week of August 17 – Selections and winners announced
August 20 – September 10 – Delivery of framed artwork to DCP
September 16 – Opening Reception at DCP
SUBMISSION RULES AND DETAILS
- This call for entry is open to DCP Members. Not a DCP member? Join now!
- All images will be submitted through Smarter Entry.
- Our judge will be looking for images that demonstrate creative use of composition, technical skill, use of color and light, storytelling, and any other fundamentals of good photography.
- There are no restrictions on the type of camera or process used.
- All images must be original works of the photographer.
- $28 initial entry fee allows you to submit 1-3 images. This is a 20% discount on our regular entry fee of $35.
- Up to 7 additional images can be submitted for $5 per image.
- Entrants can submit a maximum of 10 images.
Since 2003, Dick Washburne has exhibited work in a range of museums and galleries. Through 2009 he regularly contributed photography for numerous articles that appeared in D Magazine and other publications. In 2010 Mr. Washburne joined the stable of artists who are represented by the Sun to Moon Gallery in Dallas, working exclusively as a fine art photographer concentrating on landscapes, abstracts and street shooting. He has also taught photography as an adjunct professor at Williams College’s winter intensive program. Dick is also actively engaged in the restaurant business as a founder and director of MCrowd Restaurant Group.