Sculpting with Leather Dust
Learn a new medium – Leather Dust! No leather working experience needed!
In this class, we will *Make a silicone mold of an object, * cast the mold using a leather dust mixture, *remove the casting, *paint the new object, and * mount it to a leather plaque.
- Where: Elktracks Studio at 1113 Macadamia St. Venus, TX 76084
- When: Oct 10&11, 2020 9-3:30 both days.
- Fee: $130 — Leather and materials included, you will get a tool list after registration
- Registration: PayPal to LeatherInAction2020@gmail.com Payment is due at time of registration
- Size class is limited for social distancing, so sign up fast.
So the question is: WHEN WOULD I USE THIS?
3D sculpted pieces that you want very detailed (more than you can get sculpting with scalpels on leather blocks), you can do flat casting as decorations on books and boxes, you can make 3D ball ornament, and these are just the few applications we have thought of since Truman’s first class in August.
CHECK OUT THE TEASER VIDEOS IN “LEATHER IN ACTION” FACEBOOK GROUP