Call For The 2015 Obelisk Awards Nominations
Deadline: June 1, 2015
The Obelisk Awards are presented annually to publicly honor businesses and business leaders in North Texas whose support has significantly advanced the region’s arts and cultural growth.
In nominating the businesses and individuals who have supported your agency, you enhance their visibility in the community, recognize their commitment to a strong artistic and cultural environment within North Texas and hold them up as a model of arts efficacy for others to emulate.
• New Initiatives Award – This award recognizes businesses for supporting a new arts program with a specific focus. The program must have been initiated within 2012, 2013, or 2014. One award is given in each of the following categories: Small, Medium & Large Business.
• Arts Partnerships Award – This award recognizes businesses that have demonstrated leadership and provided outstanding overall support for at least three years. To be eligible, the business must have continuously supported the arts since 2012 (or earlier) to the present. One award is given in each of the following categories: Small, Medium & Large Business. A business may only win the Arts Partnership Award once every two years.
• Arts Education Award – This award recognizes outstanding business support for arts education programs in North Texas schools and universities.
• Leadership Award – This award recognizes long-term leadership, vision and commitment by a business executive in supporting arts and culture.
• Outstanding Alumnus Award – This award, in its inaugural year, recognizes outstanding board leadership and commitment by a graduate of the Leadership Arts Institute in encouraging and developing arts and culture in North Texas.
Deadlines, Nomination and Eligibility Criteria:
- Completed nominations are made by nonprofit arts agencies in North Texas.
- Agencies may nominate multiple businesses
- Please respond by Monday, June 1, 2015 at 5 PM.
Please indicate Obelisk Nomination in subject line, by fax to (972) 991-8320 or by postal mail to:
Katherine Wagner, CEO
The 2015 Obelisk Awards
8687 N. Central Expressway, Suite 2131
Dallas, Texas 75225