Tag Archive: regional competition
Permanent link to this article: http://artgroupsdfw.com/competitions-calls-for-entries/500x-expo-2016-deadline-sept-30/
Plano Art Association: 125 Show 2016
August 23 – September 24, 2016
The Plano Art Association is pleased to announce the 11th Annual 125 Show competition. The show is open to all artists living within 125 miles of Plano. The show will be held at the PAA Gallery in downtown Plano.
Judges will select the top 60 works for display in the PAA gallery. First, second, and third prizes will be awarded in each of 3 categories (2D, 3D, and prints and photography) as well as a Best of Show award with monetary prizes. You may enter up to 3 works at $30 per work.
A slate of outstanding jurors has been selected
and are introduced here.
They are Du Chau, Bart Forbes and Gabrielle Pruitt.
We are honored to have them serve as jurors.
125 Show entries will be accepted through the Café website untilmidnight (11:59 p.m.) on Friday, August 12th. Artists whose works are selected for the top 60 will be notified by Tuesday, August 16th.
If you are having trouble using the Café online
You may call him at any time.
Three Categories:2-D Artwork (Two-Dimensional Artworks)
3-D Artworks (Three-Dimensional Artworks)
Printmaking, Photography (Traditional & Digital).Dates:Entry Deadline – Friday, August 12th (11:59 p.m. MDT)
Show Opens – Tuesday, August 23rd
Reception & Awards Presentation – Saturday, August 27th
Show Closes – Saturday, September 24th
Each artist may submit up to 3 entries
All entries are handled through Café; link to https://www.callforentry.org/ – Prospectus at http://www.callforentry.org/festivals_unique_info.php?ID=3314 and register. Once registered, search for “125 Show 2016” to complete your entry.
$20 per work if you are a current PAA member
$30 per work for non-membersAwards
60 pieces will be selected for the show from the hundreds of entries submitted.
First ($600), Second ($400), and Third ($200) places will be awarded for each of the three above categories.
A Best of Show award of $1,000 will be made for the artwork deemed to be the most outstanding work of the show.
PAA is sponsored in part with a grant by the City of Plano. For more information on wonderful things to do in the City go to www.plano.gov
Permanent link to this article: http://artgroupsdfw.com/competitions-calls-for-entries/paas-125-show-2016-entry-deadline-august-7/
Lake Granbury Art Association presents
2016 Fall Festival of Art
October 14 – November 12, 2016
at Shanley House Gallery, 22’f North Travis, Granbury, TX 76049
Open to anyone 18 or over. Membership in the LGAA is not required to enter.
$3,000+ in Prizes!
2D or 3D art executed in the last 3 years. No photography.
E-mail images and enquires may be sent to Igaafallshow@gmall .com
Mail Entrles to:
LGAA FALL SHOW c/o Mary Jo Jung
2814 Fairway Dr., Granbury TX 76049
- Monday, September 19th Submissions due • No late entries • See “How to Enter” section
- Wednesday, September 28th Acceptance noti cation begins. This will be done by e-mail.
- Saturday, October 8th Hand delivered pieces due at Shanley House between 9am-12pm. No late pieces will be accepted. MUST contact show chair if you need to deliver early.
- Friday, October 14th Official Opening
- Saturday, October 15th Reception & Awards Awards reception begins at 6:30pm • Awards presentation at 7:15pm
- Saturday, November 12th Show Ends. Pick up work from 12-3pm.
Permanent link to this article: http://artgroupsdfw.com/competitions-calls-for-entries/lgaa-open-juried-fall-festival-of-art-entry-deadline-sept-19/
Plano Art Association
The Plano Art Association is pleased to announce the 11th Annual 125 Show competition. The show is open to all artists living within 125 miles of Plano. The show will be held at the
PAA Gallery in downtown Plano.
- 2-D Artwork (Two-Dimensional Artworks)
- 3-D Artworks (Three-Dimensional Artworks)
- Printmaking, Photography (Traditional & Digital).
- Entry Deadline – Sunday, August 7th (11:59 p.m. MDT)
- Show Opens – Tuesday, August 23rd
- Reception & Awards Presentation – Saturday, August 27th
- Show Closes – Saturday, September 24th
- Each artist may submit up to 3 entries
- All entries are handled through Café; link to https://www.callforentry.org/ and register. Once registered, search for “125 Show 2016” to complete your entry. Prospectus at http://www.callforentry.org/festivals_unique_info.php?ID=3314
- $20 per work if you are a current PAA member (code for current PAA members is
- $30 per work for non-members
- 60 pieces will be selected for the show from the hundreds of entries submitted.
- First ($600), Second ($400), and Third ($200) places will be awarded for each of the three above categories.
- A Best of Show award of $1,000 will be made for the artwork deemed to be the most outstanding work of the show.
Permanent link to this article: http://artgroupsdfw.com/competitions-calls-for-entries/125-show-deadline-august-7/
Visual Art League of Lewisville
Medical Center of Lewisville Grand Theater
100 North Charles St.
Lewisville TX 7505
Juror: Director of the Art Galleries at Texas Christian University in Fort Worth, Sara-Jayne Parsons
The Visual Art League of Lewisville, Texas is pleased to announce a call for entries for the Fresh Ideas 2016 juried show how to be held at the Medical Center of Lewisville Grand Theater art gallery in Lewisville, Texas from July 30 through September 10, 2016.
The exhibition is open to all visual artists who reside in Texas and contiguous states (Louisiana, Arkansas, Oklahoma, and New Mexico). The non-refundable entry fee is $50 for non-members of VAL and $35 for VAL members for a maximum of three (3) pieces of work. Membership forms to join VAL can be found at http://visualartleague.org/test/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Membership-application.pdf.
Only original 2D and 3D art work (oil, watercolors, acrylics, pastel, mixed media, collage, drawing, prints, photography, ceramics, textiles, fiber, encaustic, jewelry and sculpture) created in the last two (2) years which has not previously been shown in any VAL juried exhibit will be considered for inclusion in the show. Original means works conceived and created by the artist and not created in a classroom setting. The maximum size of entries into this year’s competition is 50” x 50” including the frame. All 3D artwork must be able to sit on a pedestal no larger than 20” x 14”” or on the floor. Only one work of those entered by each artist may be selected by the juror to be exhibited in the show.
Submissions of entries into the show will be via (https://www.callforentry.org/festivals_unique_info.php?ID=3457) and must meet the requirements of that site for size and type of image that is accepted.
Fee: $50.00 ( Non Member- Fresh Ideas 2016)
Fee: $35.00 (VAL Member- Fresh Ideas 2016)
Entry Deadline: 6/30/16
Fresh Ideas 2016 is the latest iteration of VAL’s long-standing tradition of mounting prestigious juried exhibitions of new art works that represent current trends in modern art. Shown in the beautiful 2,000 sq ft Medical Center of Lewisville Grand Theater Center art gallery (seehttp://www.mclgrand.com and http://visualartleague.org/about), Fresh Ideas has been expanded this year to include regional artists to bring additional vitality to the Visual Art League’s exhibition series. $2,000 in awards
- DEADLINE: Friday, July 1st, 2016, 1:00 AM Central Daylight Time (all subsequent times here are CDT). Entries due at https://www.callforentry.org/festivals_unique_info.php?ID=3457
- Friday, July 1st – Friday, July 8th. Judging
- Monday, July 11th. Artists notified of acceptance into the exhibition
- Saturday, July 16: Accepted entries due at MCL Grand (shipping/mailing address: Visual Art League, Medical Center of Lewisville Theater, 100 North Charles St., Lewisville TX 75057, classroom 2) between 1:00 – 5:00 pm
- Friday, July 29: Opening Reception 7:00 – 9:00 pm, Award Ceremony 8:00 pm, MCL Grand art gallery
- Saturday, September 10: Final day of Exhibit
- Saturday, September 10 5:00 – 6:00 pm and Monday September 12 1:00 to 3:00, Pick up entries
- Week of September 10, 2016 – Return of shipped artwork
Permanent link to this article: http://artgroupsdfw.com/competitions-calls-for-entries/vals-fresh-ideas-regional-show-in-lewisville-entry-deadline-june-30/
Artspace111 is pleased to announce an open call for submissions for the 3rd Annual Artspace111 Regional Juried Exhibition, juried by the distinguished Director of the Kimbell Art Museum, Eric M. Lee.
This year’s competition will include eligibility for 3D artwork. The exhibition will be open June 24th through August 6th with an opening reception on the evening of June 24th. Due date for entries is May 31st. Contemporary 2D and 3D works that follow the requirements detailed in the prospectus are accepted. Over $2000 will be awarded to the best works in show, and the first prize will include the opportunity to exhibit at Artspace111 in a separate solo or group show in 2016 – 2017.
For more information, contact the gallery, email@example.com http://www.artspace111.com/
Exhibition – June 24 – August 6
Reception – June 24, 5:00p to 8:30p
Due Date/ Deadline for online submissions – May 31
Notification of acceptance – (Approx.) June 7, by email, and on the café site
Shipping Receiving – Notification of Acceptance – June 20
Shipped Return – August 8 – 12
Hand delivery pickup – August 8 – August 12
Permanent link to this article: http://artgroupsdfw.com/competitions-calls-for-entries/3rd-annual-artspace111-regional-call-for-entries/
The Reception & Awards Ceremony for the 31st Texas & Neighbors Regional Art Exhibition was held on Sunday, April 17, 2016 at the Irving Arts Center. Best of Show was awarded to artist Jesse Lane for “Echoes”, a large work in colored pencil. The IAC Award of Excellence went to Steve Quevado for his acrylic artwork “The Melancholy Astronaut.” Over $9,000 in cash was awarded in five media categories to 22 artists. For photos of the award-winning art and also the Exhibit Catalog see http://www.texasandneighbors.com.
The exhibit was juried by Soon Y. Warrenand represents works from regional artists residing in Texas and the four surrounding states. It continues at the Irving Arts Center through May 14, 2016. Gallery hours: Mon, Tues, Wed and Fri: 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.; Thursday: 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.; Saturday: 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.; Sunday: 1:00-5:00 p.m.
Best of Show: Echoes by Jesse Lane (32×42″ colored pencil)
IAC Award of Excellence: The Melancholy Astronaut by Steve Quevedo (24×48″ ink wash on plaster panel)
- The Twirl by Mary Golden-Musick (30×40″)
- Glimpse of Spring by Catherine Hollander (22×30″)
- Red Dot by Lynne Buchanan (24×24″)
- Honorable Mention: Departed Disturbances by Mary Kearney Hull (25×49″)
- The Fragility of Lives & Dreams by Linda Lucas Hardy (20×20″ colored pencil)
- Autumn Reflections by Noriko DeWitt (36×30″ colored pencil)
- A Series of Conversations by Jennifer McCoy (12×48″ charcoal)
- Honorable Mention: Poppy Pod by Katherine Baronet (46×48″ graphite)
- The Journey Home by Laurie Henry (28×40″ alcohol ink)
- Put Your Heart Into It by John James (26×36″ mixed water-based media)
- Putting Her Hair Up by Michael Holter (20×20″ watercolor)
- Honorable Mention: Sweetheart Rose by Debbie Downing (37×30″ watercolor)
- The Vine Walkway by Hebe Brooks (42″x30″)
- Cooling Cloth by Ann Hardy (32×38″)
- Anderson Children by James Anderson (46×36″)
- Honorable Mention: Sunflower II by Behnaz Sohrabian (36×36″)
- Here Among the Most Remote Realm of Ice & Rock by Gisa Elwazir (33×48″)
- Salud by Renate Kasper (20×20″)
- Canyon Sunset by Karin Anderson (38×30″)
- Honorable Mention: Dutch Garden by DebiLynn Fendley (18×21″)
Permanent link to this article: http://artgroupsdfw.com/exhibits-events/winners-of-the-2016-texas-neighbors-regional-exhibition/
31st Annual Texas & Neighbors Regional Exhibition
April 16 – May 14, 2016
Irving Arts Center
You’re invited to the Reception & Awards Ceremony held April 17th from 2-5 pm in the Main Gallery of the Irving Arts Center, 3333 N. MacArthur Blvd., Irving TX 75062.
Mon, Tues, Wed and Fri: 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Thursday: 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Saturday: 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Sunday: 1:00-5:00 p.m.
Come see the beautiful annual Floral Arrangements by the Chocolate Rose! This floral tribute is on view April 17-22.
Other events at the Irving Arts Center:
Pete Fernandez Paintings Reception. Pete is one of the founders of the Irving Art Association.
Will Moses: American Folk Art Exhibition. As part of Celebrate Irving, IAA is coordinating theIrving Folk Art Exhibits at the Jaycee Park Center for the Arts and the West Irving Library.
Permanent link to this article: http://artgroupsdfw.com/exhibits-events/texas-neighbors-reception-awards-april-17/
Trinity Arts Guild in Bedford holds an annual competition for DFW area artists. Awards: $3800.00 in cash and merchandise prizes.
Click here http://trinityartsguild.org/juriedshows/openjuriedshow.html for prospectus and payment. Entry fees Nonmembers: $45 for up to 3 entries (more possible)
Calendar of Events:
Tuesday, March 15 – Hand delivered entries will be accepted. 9:00 am to noon and 6:30 pm to 8:00 pm.
Friday, March 18 – Email entries must be submitted by midnight. Hand delivered entries accepted 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm. Mailed entries must be postmarked on or before this date.
Tuesday, April 7 – Notification Date
Tuesday, April 19, – All accepted work must be delivered to the Gallery 9:00 am to 8:00 pm
Wednesday, April 20 – Show Opens
Saturday, May 7 – Reception and awards 4pm to 6pm
Tuesday, May 21 – Close of show all work must be picked up.
Exhibit will be held at the TAG Gallery, Bedford Boys Ranch Park, 2819 R.D. Hurt Parkway, Bedford, TX 76021
Show Chairperson – Katie Hopkins http://www.trinityartsguild.org
Permanent link to this article: http://artgroupsdfw.com/competitions-calls-for-entries/trinity-arts-guilds-2016-open-juried-show-deadline-march-18/
This is an open show held every February at the Bob Duncan Center in Arlington and draws entries from across the DW metroplex.
Exhibit Awards and Reception: Friday, February 19, 6:00 – 9:00 pm
Award-winning Art from this show travels for exhibit to the Arlington Museum of Art and will be displayed until May 20, 2016.
Permanent link to this article: http://artgroupsdfw.com/exhibits-events/arlington-visual-art-association-40th-annual-regional-juried-exhibit/
The annual TxN exhibit is back for its 31st year! This prestigious five-state competition pulls entries representative of the the best of American art. Sponsored by the Irving Art Association and the Irving Arts Center.
The Texas & Neighbors Regional Art Exhibition is open to all artists 18 and older living in Texas, Arkansas, Louisiana, New Mexico and Oklahoma. Up to three works of art may be entered by an artist for an entry fee of $40 ($35 for IAA members). Approximately $8.000 in prizes! Artists may even earn signature status by exhibiting in five shows.
- Entry Deadline Monday, February 1, 2016
- Notification of Acceptance February 15, 2016
- Shipped paintings arrive March 7 -11,2016
- Hand Deliveries & Judging Saturday, March 12,2016 10:00 am – 3:00 pm
- Juror Talk & Reception Saturday, March 12,20167:00 – 9:00 pm
- On Exhibit APRIL 16 – MAY 14, 2016
- Reception & Awards Ceremony Sunday, April 17, 2016 2:00 pm – 5:00 pm
- Strike Sunday, May 15, 2016 1:00 -5:00 pm
Supports: canvas, panel, paper, or yupo. Two-dimensional works must classify in one of FIVE CATEGORIES: oils,acrylics, water media, mixed media, drawing. Submitted works of art must be two-dimensional originals completed within the last two years without instructor supervision. Work must not be a copy of other artist’s work (including reference photographs).
Artwork more than the 50 inch MAXIMUM SIZE (including frame) in either dimension or less than the 12 inch MINIMUM SIZE in either dimension (excluding frame.)
She is a full time artist, teacher, and workshop instructor nationally and internationally. Creative process is her passion and the hands-on painting is the life she enjoys. She had numerous exhibitions and earned numerous awards, including Silver Medal Purchase Award in NWS in 2008, Masters Awards in 2014, and many magazine awards. Her artistic vision and process of creating work were published inWatercolor Artists, American Watercolor Magazine, and many more.
She is a major winner in past Texas & Neighbors Shows, including Best of Show, and has earned signature status. Soon Y. is a signature member of many art organizations including the National Watercolor Society (NWS), the American Watercolor Society (AWS), and the Transparent Watercolor Society of America (TWSA).
She is an author of “Vibrant Flowers in Watercolor” with F&W Publication, (North Light Book) and “Painting Vibrant Watercolor: Discover the Magic of Light, Color and Contrast.”. Also, she participated in the book, “Watercolor Secret,” with one chapter, “Create Drama with Bold Composition. In 2013, she created three DVDs: Top Vibrant Watercolor Techniques; Vibrant Watercolor Techniques Painting Glass; Vibrant Watercolor Techniques Painting Water. Her paintings were included in Splash – Best of Watercolor- 8, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 (cover), 16 and 17.
She is represented by Your Private Collection Art Gallery Granbury Texas and Southwest Gallery in Dallas Texas. For more about Soon, see her website www.soonwarren.com.
Permanent link to this article: http://artgroupsdfw.com/competitions-calls-for-entries/2016-texas-neighbors-regional-art-exhibition-deadline-feb-1-8000-in-awards/