The Latino Cultural Center announces a Call for Artists
13th Annual Hecho en Dallas Juried Exhibition
NOTE: A copy of this prospectus (PDF format), including the official Entry Form, may be downloaded at http://dallasculture.org/latinoCulturalCenter/index.asp
Hecho en Dallas is an annual juried exhibition designed to showcase the recent work of professional artists who reside and are active in the artistic environment of the Dallas area. The exhibition was conceived by the Latino Cultural Center in recognition of the talented pool of artists whose creative endeavors give vitality to the cultural movement in DFW. There is no entry fee for this juried exhibition.
Submission deadline: Thursday, March 31, 2016 by 5 p.m.
Not a postmark deadline. Entries received after the deadline will be disqualified.
Notifications to artists: Saturday, April 16, 2016 via email
Delivery of artwork: Tuesday, April 19 – Saturday, April 30, 2016, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. (During regular office hours)
Opening reception: Friday, May 13, 2016, 6 to 8 p.m.
Exhibition dates: May 13 – July 2, 2016
Pick-up artwork: Tuesday, July 5 – Saturday, July 12, 2016, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. (During regular office hours)
• Artists must reside in the City of Dallas or within the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex
• Art must have been created within the last three years to be eligible
• Any medium will be considered; however, artists who exhibit artwork that requires the use of special equipment (computers, projectors, multimedia devices, etc.) will be responsible for providing such equipment for the duration of the exhibition
• Size limit for 3D artwork will not exceed 15 feet (length + width + depth), with the longest side of the piece not exceeding 7 feet
• For 2D artwork, the longest side cannot exceed 7 feet
• There is no entry fee for this juried exhibition
How to Submit Entries
Please submit the following for consideration:
• Max of three images of artwork to be considered; files should be named using the last name of the artist, first initial of first name, and sequential numbers for every digital photograph submitted. Example: GonzalezC1.jpg
• Artist statement of 50 words or less
• Artist may submit up to three different artworks to be considered following the parameters defined above.
• Completed Artist Entry Form
• Entries may be submitted by email at email@example.com or by mail or in person at the Latino Cultural Center, 2600 Live Oak St. Dallas, TX 75204
• Uncompleted submissions will not be considered
• Artists will be notified of selection Saturday, April 16, 2016 via email
• Works must be ready for display, including framing and a secure hanging device, if applicable. Artwork that is not suitable for hanging/displaying will not be included in the exhibition
Delivery of Entry Package
• Artwork must be delivered to the Latino Cultural Center, 2600 Live Oak Street, Dallas, Texas 75204, from April 19-30, 2016, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
• Mailed entries should arrive at the LCC by the deadline.
• Hand-delivered entries may be turned in during LCC regular hours,Tuesday–Saturday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The Latino Cultural Center is a division of the City of Dallas Office of Cultural Affairs. Our mission is to serve as a regional catalyst for the preservation, development, and promotion of Latino and Hispanic arts and culture. The Center’s 27,000 sq. ft. facility was designed by renowned Mexican architect Ricardo Legorreta and features a 300-seat theater, two visual arts galleries, and an outdoor plaza. Its signature purple tower serves as a beacon to guide visitors to our East Dallas / Deep Ellum location.
The Latino Cultural Center is located at 2600 Live Oak, Dallas, Texas 75204. Located immediately east of downtown Dallas, the Center is less than 1 mile from the Dallas Arts District and conveniently located two blocks north of the DART Green Line Deep Ellum Station. Onsite free parking available. The Center is open Tuesdaythrough Saturday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and in the evenings when performing arts events are scheduled. For additional information, call (214) 671-0045 or visit www.dallasculture.org/latinocc