Trinity Arts Guild is starting its new year of art events off right with a newly designed and beautiful website. Check it out: www.trinityartsguild.net.
Trinity Arts Guild (TAG), a 503 c non-profit organization, is open to area artists and art lovers. We embrace artists working in any medium. The Guild was formed in 1961 to help both professional and amateur artists explore, develop and expand their creative talents. Their purpose is to advance the cultural environment of the metroplex by making and displaying fine and applied arts.
TAG extends an invitation to visit the gallery, buy art directly from member artists, and to take advantage of the services offered to the visual arts community. TAG provides its members gallery displays, art competitions and free demonstrations. The group participate in the annual Bedford Arts Festival in Boys Ranch Park. In addition, members participate in local exhibits, art education, and networking.
Trinity Arts Guild Gallery/Studio located at: 2819 R. D. Hurt Parkway, Bedford, TX 76021 (inside the Boys Ranch Park)
TAG’s 2016-17 year begins August 29, 2016 with the first meeting of the year. Refreshments Served at 6:30 p.m. and Demonstration begins at 7:00 p.m. The year’s schedule: (for demonstrator descriptions see http://www.trinityartsguild.net/meetings-and-demos)
August 29, 2106 Lynda Conley
October 3, 2016 Tony Saladino
November 7, 2016 Cherie Giddens
December 5, 2016 Christmas Party
January 2, 2017 Becky Hicks
February 6, 2017 Xiang Zhang
March 6, 2017 Janice Krendick
April 3, 2017 Sharen Chatterton
May 1, 2017 Paula Pillow
June 5, 2017 Laurin McCracken
TAG has a lovely gallery and meeting place and holds monthly exhibits, both juried and nonjuried. This year’s schedule: (*juried shows with awards)
- August 30, 2016 Teachers, Students, New Members
- October 4, 2016 Fall Members Show*
- November 8, 2016 Youth Show*
- December 13, 2016 The Christmas Show
- January 10, 2017 Back to the Future
- February 7, 2017 Exploration Challenge Show*
- March 7, 2017 Animals (exotic or domestic)
- April 1, 2017 Deadline for entries Open Show
- April 4, 2017 X-scapes (landscapes, seascapes, any scapes you can see or imagine)
- May 2, 2017 Open Show* (regional open show)
- June 10, 2017 Awards Reception and Close of Open Show
- June 13, 2017 Favorite Hobbies or Colors
Art instruction and free activities are also offered by the TAG Gallery. Weekly or quarterly classes in oils, acrylics, drawing and watercolor are offered by TAG member instructors: Barbara MacFarland, Bennie Wood, Johnny Mahto Hogue, and Pamela Oldham. Occasional workshops are announced. Plus free paint-ins are offered on Tuesday and Wednesday morning, and a portrait session on Wednesday afternoon.