AIR (Arts Incubator of Richardson) and Richardson Symphony Orchestra (RSO) present
“Celebrating Edge-to-Edge Creativity”
October 16-17, 2015
Various venues throughout the City of Richardson, Texas
Ricochet15 is a city-wide focus on the arts featuring arts organizations, individual artists and other creatives in the region. Presented as a collaborative effort between AIR (Arts Incubator of Richardson) and the Richardson Symphony Orchestra (RSO), Ricochet15 is the basis for creating a “culture map” of the City while also creating awareness for National Arts & Humanities Month in October.
Ricochet15 is designed to be an annual event focused on the arts and creativity.
From a kickoff social event on Friday night to all-day events on Saturday (10:00am – 5:00pm – all FREE), the ricochet effect will be exhibited as lovers of all types of creativity go from place to place across Richardson enjoying and engaging in a variety of creative activities. The different venues (parks, retail, sidewalk, schools) will exemplify the long-range strategic plan for the arts’ concept of creative clusters and public art.
Friday, October 16, 7:00-10:00pm
Venue: SpringHill Suites by Marriott
3251 E. President George Bush Turnpike
Richardson TX 75082
Tickets are $20/person, adults only, through Eventbrite at: https://www.eventbrite.com/d/tx– richardson/ricochet15/?view=list
Food: BBQ from Ten50BBQ and pizza and salad from i Fratelli
Craft beer: Four Bullets Brewery in Richardson
Entertainment: The award-winning Jolie Holliday Trio
Ricochet15 Events on Saturday, October 17 (all free and family-friendly!):
Venues range from the University of Texas at Dallas to Alamo Drafthouse Cinema/DFW to McKamy Spring Park and all sorts of spots in between. At each venue there will be a variety of activities and performances exemplifying the artistic and creative vibe that “is” Richardson. Home base for the event is the Richardson Public Library where there will be a major yarn bombing, information desk, and a temporary public art installation of “BIRD” in partnership with sculptor Brad Oldham.
While Brad Oldham’s “BIRD” graces the exterior of the library near the city hall fountain, a group of artists from Urban Sketchers will be sketching the scene for the day as well as a plethora of plein air artists will capture the natural beauty of the area.
To the northeast, at Crowley Park, there will be a daylong PopUP Art Event coupled with various musical events during the day. Seven artists will be exhibiting and selling their works and musical accompaniment will be provided by ensembles from Lone Star Wind Orchestra as well as Casmi and Company and others.
Heading south around noon, stop at Four Bullets Brewery, Richardson Food Truck Park or Tavern on Main Street to satisfy those creative hunger pangs.
Venture on south afterwards to Richland College and enjoy the steel drum band, dance performances and create some art with Chartreuse using recycled and repurposed materials. Make a swing by McKamy Spring Park to hear a string quartet from the RSO, the Contemporary Chorale and a theatrical display by actors from the Richardson Theatre Centre. There will be no drought of things artistic and creative to do at Ricochet15! [See complete listing of venues and activities at the end of this release.] Event maps will be distributed the week of October 5 at the Richardson Chamber of Commerce, the Richardson Convention and Visitors Bureau, the Charles W. Eisemann Center for Performing Arts and the Richardson Public Library.
The RSO and AIR developed Ricochet15 having received a 50% challenge grant from the City of Richardson Cultural Arts Commission to create a new collaborative arts initiative that would bring greater awareness of the arts, as well as bring artists and arts organizations together.
Major underwriters are Alamo Drafthouse Cinema/DFW and Richardson Living magazine. Other sponsors include Hall Financial Group, Corner Bakery, Ebby Halliday Realtors, Four Bullets Brewery, iFratelli Pizza, SpringHill Suites by Marriott, Ten50BBQ and Brown Graphics.
For more information, contact: Kitty Goddard, AIR President
972.690.1355 firstname.lastname@example.org http://www.artsincubatorrichardson.org
Executive Director and President, Richardson
972.234.4195 phone 972.238.7514 fax email@example.com
Ricochet15 social media: Facebook, Twitter and Instagram: Ricochet_15
Ricochet15 Locations / Events Saturday, October 17, 2015 | 10:00 am – 5:00 pm Richardson, Texas
Richland College – all day – 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
12800 Abrams Road
- Chartreuse – hands-on art activities using recycled/repurposed materials
- Steel Drums (Richland musicians)
- Various performances including dance and theatre throughout the day
University of Texas / Dallas – 10:00 am – 2:00 pm
800 West Campbell Road
- Jindal School of Management
- Artwork to visit – Bowman, Oldham and McGreal sculptures
- ATEC Lobby – various performances including dance, theatre and video exhibits
- Coloring station
Alamo Drafthouse 1:00 – 5:00 p.m.
100 South Central Expressway
- Yarn bomb bike racks and columns
- Performance in lobby – Avant Chamber Ballet with RSO musician accompaniment
- Coloring station on patio
- Chalk artists to embellish sidewalks at Alamo Drafthouse and Half Price Books – theme
“Goosebumps” the series
- Rich-Tones to perform as flash mob in Heights Village
Richardson Library – all day outdoors – 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
900 Civic Center Drive
12:00 – 4:00 p.m. indoors – Basement Program Room
- Temporary installation of public art – “BIRD” in partnership with sculptor Brad Oldham
- Yarn Bomb in Reading Garden and Front Entrance
- Information Center
- Corner Bakery to distribute cookies and lemonade from 2:00-4:00
- Performances in Program Room – Chamberlain Ballet, Pegasus Theatre, Dallas Chinese Community Center – art demonstration
Northrich Park – 10:00 am – 1:00 pm
1301 Custer Road
- Storyteller/puppeteer – Lynn Baskind
- Coloring station
McKamy Spring Park Pavilion – 2:00-5:00 p.m.
744 Brick Row (North of Spring Valley / east of Central – on Brick Row property)
- RSO String Quartet – 2:00 -3:30 pm
- Richardson Theater Center – 3:30 – 4:15pm
- Contemporary Chorale – 4:15 – 5:00pm
Richardson Dog Park (Barkway) – 10:00 am – noon
SW corner of George Bush Freeway and Central Expressway access road
- Caricature Artist – pets and their people
- Recorded music presented by Alchemy Music Academy
West Junior High’s Visual Arts Magnet – 10:00 am – 1:00 pm
1309 Holly Drive
- Hands-on art activities – teacher and student-led
Crowley Park – all day – 10:00 am – 5:00pm
- PopUp Art festival featuring artists Liz Conrad, mixed media; Ginny Marsh, stoneware and porcelain vessels; Carrie Fox and Tya-Mae Julien, photography; drawings by student Olivia Yost; sketch artist Edwin Chavez; fused glass artist and sculptor, Nan Phillips.
- Lone Star Wind Orchestra ensemble – 1:00 – 2:00 pm
- Casmi and Company musical group
- Yarn bombing of grove of trees
Richardson Mercantile – 1:00 – 3:00 pm
Dal Rich Village, 101 S. Coit Rd #50
- Academic Suspension – band composed of Collin College professors
- Poetry Slam (Collin College professors)
Food and watering spots:
Four Bullets – Watering spot – afternoon only / noon – 6:00 pm
640 N. Interurban St.
Food Truck Park – Feeding and watering spot
522 Bishop Ave.
- Dyer St. Band to perform here – noon – 2:00 pm
Tavern on Main Street – Feeding and watering spot
115 E. Main St.
Also open for browsing during the day are The Bonny Studio, The Encaustic Center and O’Keefe Studio Center, plus these three studios are hosting an Open House that evening from 5:00 – 8:00 pm. All are located at 580 W Arapaho Rd, Richardson 75080.