Frisco Public Art Program
Exhibition Call for Artists
Art in the Atrium 16
The mission of the City of Frisco Public Art Program is to enrich Frisco’s artistic vitality and cultural vibrancy by bringing dynamic contemporary art to a broad audience of residents and visitors.
In keeping with that mission, the City of Frisco Public Art Board initiated the ongoing Art in the Atrium series at the George A. Purefoy Municipal Center. With its open atrium design and tall limestone walls, City Hall has proven to be an exceptional venue for showcasing the artistic excellence of local and regional artists.
The City of Frisco seeks original, 2-Dimensional artworks by artists from Frisco and the surrounding area for the 16th installment of Art in the Atrium. Art in the Atrium 16 will showcase artistic excellence in the region, encourage public dialogue, understanding and enjoyment of visual art, and promote the City’s cultural and economic initiatives.
Art in the Atrium 16 is scheduled for Monday, April 9, 2018 through Friday, September 7, 2018.
ELIGIBILITY and SUBMISSION
· All artworks must be original and not infringe on the copyrighted content of any other party.
· Artists may submit up to three (3) images of original artwork, available for loan Friday, March 23, 2018 through Monday, September 10, 2018. Exhibited works will be selected by the Public Art Board based on the criteria listed below. Due to space limitations, not all submitted works may be chosen for the exhibition.
· All artworks must have been created within the past 2 years.
· All artworks must be framed and suitable for hanging with wire securely attached when dropped off on Friday, March 23, 2018. Unframed canvases with wire securely attached are acceptable, but must have finished edges.
· No 3-Dimensional artworks will be considered.
· Photographs submitted must be printed on quality paper at a resolution of at least 300 dpi.
· The maximum artwork size is 60 inches (vertical) x 60 inches (horizontal).
· Submissions will be accepted only through www.callforentry.org. Interested artists must submit the following items on or before Monday, February 19, 2018, before 4:00pm CST.
· Current contact information
· An artist statement describing your overall vision and working process
· No more than three (3) digital images of artwork following the image format requirements listed below
IMAGE FORMAT REQUIREMENTS
1. Submit images in .jpg format. Only submit images with a minimum of 1200 pixels on the shortest side.
2. Include the following annotations for each image:
a. Artist’s name
b. Title of artwork
c. Date of completion
e. Size in inches: Vertical x Horizontal
f. Description that would help the Public Art Board understand your motivation,
themes and/or process
g. Price of artwork, if for sale
All artwork submissions to the City of Frisco’s Art in the Atrium 16 exhibition will be reviewed by the Frisco Public Art Board. All artists will receive written notice of acceptance or rejection of their submission(s).
Selection criteria includes:
· Does the artwork comply with the Eligibility and Submission requirements listed above? Failure to follow any of those requirements will result in immediate disqualification from consideration.
· Appropriateness of content as determined by the Public Art Board and the City’s Public Art Coordinator.
· Uniqueness and originality
· Visual impact
· Demonstrated excellence of technique
While the City of Frisco respects the freedom of expression in the visual arts, the City reserves the right to remove or relocate artwork at its sole discretion.
EXHIBITION LOCATIONS and LIMITATIONS
Placement of artwork is at the sole discretion of the Public Art Board and the Public Art Coordinator and will be limited to the following areas inside the George A. Purefoy Municipal Center. Artists may not request that their artworks be moved to another location.
|First Floor:||Atrium Lobby|
|Second Floor:||Atrium and Stairwell|
|Third Floor:||Atrium and Stairwell|
|Fourth Floor:||Atrium and Stairwell|
|Fifth Floor:||Commons Area|
Artwork on display at the George A. Purefoy Municipal Center may be for sale by the artist loaning the artwork provided that any artwork sold remains on display until the conclusion of the exhibition. Early removal may be approved by the Public Art Coordinator with prior written consent, but the artist must provide a suitable replacement of similar size without delay.
The artist is responsible for all aspects of the sale. The City of Frisco does not receive a commission on or compensation from the sale of artwork in Art in the Atrium 16.
PURCHASE FOR PERMANENT COLLECTION
It is the intent of the City of Frisco to enhance its permanent public art collection through acquisitions. Artwork submitted to Art in the Atrium 16 may be considered by the Public Art Board for purchase into the City of Frisco’s permanent collection. If the City chooses to select an artwork for purchase, a contract will be negotiated between the artist and the City.
Selected artists will be required to sign a loan agreement for their artworks. All loan agreements must signed and delivered with the artwork on Friday, March 23, 2018. Artists under the age of 18 must have the loan agreement signed by a parent or guardian.
SCHEDULE (Subject to Change)
• Monday, February 19, 2018, 4:00pm CST: The deadline for accepting submissions to Art in the Atrium 16
• Early March 2018: Selection process and notification of artists
• Friday, March 23, 2018 – 10 am to 2 pm, and 4 to 8 pm: Artists drop off selected artwork, framed and ready to hang, and original signed loan agreement at the George A. Purefoy Municipal Center (6101 Frisco Square Blvd., Frisco, TX 75034), 1st floor Executive Conference Room (Rm C130). Artists are encouraged to keep a copy of the signed agreement for their records. NOTE: This is the only day artwork will be accepted. Shipping artworks to the location is not permitted. If the artist cannot deliver it, please make arrangements for delivery of the artwork by someone else.
• Friday, April 6, 2018: Installation of artwork
• Friday, April 9, 2018: Exhibition opens
• Monday, April 16, 2018 – 6 to 8 pm: Artist Reception
• Friday, September 7, 2018: Exhibition closes
• Monday, September 10, 2018 – 10 am to 2 pm, and 4 to 8 pm: Artists pick up artwork at the George A. Purefoy Municipal Center (6101 Frisco Square Blvd., Frisco, TX 75034), 1st floor Executive Conference Room (Rm C130). NOTE: This is the only day artwork can be picked up. If the artist cannot retrieve it, please make arrangements for artwork pick up by someone else.
Submitted by Stephen Ross. Email: email@example.com