Post your visual art-related news notices on Art News DFW!
Please note that this offer is directed to visual artists and nonprofit visual art groups in the North Texas area. For-profit gallery notices or out-of-geographic-area notices will be included if there is room. All submissions will be moderated and edited, if necessary.
There are several ways to participate in Art News DFW and its companion sites:
1. Use the online form below to submit your news notices for posting on Art News DFW
2. Or email your formatted notices or images directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. Note that your formatting may have to be altered to fit into the news blog format.
- Join the Art in DFW group on Flickr (instructions at bottom of page).
- Join the Art Groups DFW group on Facebook
- Send us your blog or Twitter information so that we can include your feeds in our Art Newspapers: DFW Arts Daily or DFW Artists Voice or in our Twitter feed @ArtNewsDFW
To submit news notices for Art News DFW, use the online submission form below. Submission implies legal permission to post the news and associated image submitted. All images remain the property of the artist or copyright holder. Limit of three images with this form (no larger than 1800 x 1800 pixels).
Be sure to include basic information: where, what, why, when and who, plus contact information such as email, website url or phone as appropriate.
After you click the “Submit Post” button, watch below this space for a confirmation of success or failure. Be sure that your images are no larger than 1800 x 1800 pixels or the submission will fail. If they are larger than allowed, email them instead to email@example.com.
Other Websites to post your art news on:
- Art&Seek.org (art events, exhibits, instruction, calls for entries, jobs etc. – hosted by KERA.)
- Arts+Culture TX magazine (art events, press notices)
- Dallas Arts Revue (notices of art exhibits, meetings & artist opportunities — be sure to read the instructions for submission carefully.)
- Pegasus News (notices of art events, exhibits & calls for entries – this is an online newspaper blog for the DFW area)
- See also the guide Art News Sources for more websites.
Art in DFW Gallery
Group on Flickr
To post your art and art-related photos online: First set up your own free account on Flickr.com. Then join the Art in DFW Gallery group. Once you are a member you can edit your uploaded photos with the “Group” option to join them to the photostream of the Art in DFW Gallery group — or any other group.
You can also post your art opinions and announcements on the new Art in DFW Discussion Group.
Copyright issues: Flickr.com provides protection against downloading of original size images, but smaller one can still be downloaded unless more stringent protection is applied (which individuals can do in their own account setting). There is no absolute protection since a screen print will get around this protection. If you are worried about illicit copies, then make your art images smaller or lower resolution. Note that you can edit your images in Flickr also if you have your own account.