Imagekind is a print-on-demand online store that an increasing number of artists are using to sell reproductions of their artwork. It is now offering art from over 50,000 artists, to a fast-growing marketplace of over 250,000 users. Imagekind allows little-known artists to share the landscape with better-known and established masters. For more information see the website at imagekind.com.
Imagekind is one of the resources referenced in the guide Selling Your Art Online: a Guide to Artist Websites, Online Galleries and Stores, and Auction Sites.
How it works:
Imagekind’s print-on-demand model allows artists to create their own galleries where they can set their own prices and connect with art lovers looking to discover unique pieces that can be custom framed and delivered to their door within days. Visitors can purchase art prints, create custom framed masterpieces and order newly available greeting cards. The process:
- Load your images into an online gallery (free up to 24 images)
- Prints are issued on demand from customer – your artwork is available on ten different media types, including Enhanced Matte Poster, Premium Photo Glossy, Somerset Velvet Fine, UltraSmooth Fine Art, Hahnemuhle Torchon, Hahnemuhle Photo Rag 308, Hahnemuhle Fine Art Pearl, and 2 types of print on canvas media, Premier Art Canvas and Piezo Pro Matte Canvas.
- No upfront costs – markup your art, and keep 100% of the profits
- Earn 15% commission on frames, mats and glazing
- Nothing to buy, stock, or ship – Imagekind handles all product creation, credit card processing, shipping, and customer service
Image resolution is extremely important – Imagekind recommends uploading the largest (in pixel dimensions) file you have available to allow to offering the image in more (if not all) print sizes. Quite simply, the most critical part of producing the highest quality finished work begins with a obtaining the highest caliber digitized file of your work available.