A message from Eventbrite:
Dear Event Creator Community,
The impacts of COVID-19 on our creator community and fellow attendees has been vast. Our thoughts are with all of you and we hope you’re safe and healthy. We are reminded of just how critical it is to support one another during these challenging times. We are in awe of the many ways individuals have rallied to bolster unity and understanding.
Here are a few interesting ways people are coming together (virtually):
- Purchasing gift certificates to local restaurants, record stores, and brick & mortar retailers to provide an alternative revenue stream
- Hosting virtual happy hours with friends and family to bolster human connection
- Buying tickets to future community events to show support for the greater community
- Offering grocery store runs or meal delivery to the elderly and immunocompromised
- Contributing financially to food banks for children who have lost access to daily meals during school closures
- Donating to artists, performers, and venues to show solidarity and continue the celebration of the arts
- Creating wishlists for direct delivery to non-profit organizations and shelters that cannot currently receive in-person donations
- Providing online attendance options for classes, concerts, church services and more to connect communities to meaningful experiences
Eventbrite understands the complexity of this situation and is committed to keeping you informed and empowered. We have created a repository of all relevant resources to help you make informed decisions regarding your events moving forward. We will also continue to provide inspiration like our article on How to Host an Online Event or Webinar That Live Event Attendees Will Love on our blog.
We acknowledge the powerful, positive effect virtual and live experiences provide and remain poised to provide assistance and support when you need it. Stay safe, get involved where you can and know that we’re excited to connect as soon as conditions improve.
GM – North America