Vignette Art Fair 2019
The Women’s Museum Building, Fair Park
April 10th-14th, during Dallas Arts Month
Submission deadline: February 17, 2019
Artists Notified: March 17, 2019
Exhibition Dates: 10th – 14th
Artwork Pickup: April 14th
Texas Vignette seeks female, and female-identifying, artists of all disciplines for Vignette Art Fair 2019 in the Women’s Museum Building at Fair Park, April 10th–14th. This fair will promote women in the arts in Texas and showcase the work of creative minds that have been
This year’s fair will be curated by Leslie Moody Castro, an independent curator and writer whose practice is based on itinerancy and collaboration. She has produced, organized, and collaborated on projects in Mexico and the United States for more than a decade, and her repertoire of critical writing is also reflective of her commitment to place. She is committed to creating moments of artistic exchange and dialogue and as such is a co-founder of Unlisted Projects, an artist residency program in Austin, Texas. In 2017, she was selected as Curator and Artistic Director of the sixth edition of the Texas Biennial and was recently the first invited curator in residence at the Galveston Artist Residency. Moody Castro earned a Master’s degree at The University of Texas at Austin in Museum Education with a portfolio supplement in Museum Studies in 2010, and a Bachelor’s degree in Art History at DePaul University in Chicago in 2004, and has been awarded two grants from the National Endowment of Arts for her curatorial projects (2016, 2017).
• Female, or
• All artists are responsible for delivery and/or shipping costs to and from exhibition location. Vignette does not provide any budget for shipping costs.
If an artist cannot attend installation and/or de-installation, a volunteer preparator will handle the work.
• If selected, the artist must sign a damage liability waiver.
• There are no stipulations for medium and all submissions will be considered, including, but not limited to 2D, 3D, video, installation, and performance art.
• Artists must provide all of the equipment necessary for the artwork such as monitors, projectors, cords, installation pieces, etc.
• Artists are encouraged to attend the opening reception the night of April 12th.
Visit texasvignette.org/call-artists/ for more information and to apply through Submittable (https://texasvignette.submittable.com/submit)
Vignette Art Fair 2019