The Texas Chapter of the Women’s Caucus for Art [Texas WCA] announces an art exhibition in partnership with Consumers Choice Award Winning Huffines Chevrolet of Plano. This Texas WCA exhibition will be the kick off event for Huffines Chevrolet’s Memorial Day weekend Grand Reopening Celebrations. Be a part of the action through Texas WCA! More information on all events will follow soon.
What drives you?
Friday, May 18 2012 – Wednesday, June 6, 2012
The automobile is synonymous with feelings of freedom, acceleration, adventure and travel. Where does your creativity drive you? Let this be your inspiration as you consider work appropriate for this non-traditional exhibition in the Huffines Chevrolet lobby located at 1001 Coit
• Any current Texas WCA member may submit three (3) images
Digital images should be maximum 1000 pixels on one side and saved as a .jpg with your last
name underscore first name and number. For example: Smith_Jane1.jpg.
• Non-members wishing to participate may join Texas WCA by going to our website to join
http://texaswca.org/ or by mailing the attached membership form and check prior to the
• Artists must provide a simple, black or chrome-colored metal easels. (Available at Hobby
• Paintings must be framed or gallery-wrapped canvas with painted edges.
• 3D Artwork will be accepted if you provide your own pedestal
Please email your digital images along with 1) your name, 2) titles of work, 3) size, 4) media and 5)
price to email@example.com by May 7. This information is for judging purposes only and
is NOT considered an entry form. Please bring your signed entry form at the time of installation.
We are asking members to provide a $10.00 contribution to Texas WCA at the time of installation
to help offset exhibition costs as well as a 15% percent donation on each item sold. Currently the
Texas chapter only receives $25 of your membership dues, and additional donations enable us to
maintain and grow your benefits as a member.
- Entries Due: By midnight, Monday, May 7
- Notification: Sunday, May 13
- Installation: Thursday, May 17 / 12:00 pm – 2:00 pm
- Exhibit: May 18 – June 6, 2012
- Reception: Thursday, May 24 / 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm
- Pick Up: Thursday, June 7 / 12:00 pm – 2:00 pm
LIABILITY: All care will be taken to ensure the safety of the artwork while on display. However
Texas WCA and Huffines Chevrolet assume no responsibility for loss or damage for any reason or
CONTACT INFO: Nuray Erkutay Fuller, Community & Member Relations Chairwoman
firstname.lastname@example.org, 214 912-2493