Artist Opportunities from WoCA
Share your knowledge with the community! We have some upcoming art-making workshop opportunities and need teaching artists to lead and teach some exciting workshops.
If you have an art-making workshop idea that you would like to propose please send us an email with the following:
1. One-page proposal describing your workshop idea, including an outline of at least 5 sample learning objectives/outcomes,
2. Budget for Materials/Supplies needed
3. Photographs and/or Sample Images of Similar projects
4. 2-page resume/CV
5. Times of availability
Note: All of the above materials should be packaged and sent via email in either a Word doc file or as a pdf.
We will prioritize workshop ideas that:
– Incorporate participants across age groups, including children, youth, and adults.
– Expose participants to both traditional and innovative contemporary studio art practices.
– Employ modest materials/supplies but creative engaging opportunities to learn about art in new ways.
Send your proposal package to:email@example.com by April 24th, 2015.
Each artists hired for this opportunity will receive a $150 stipend to teach a 2 hour studio workshop.
II. Exhibitions/Site-specific Installations/Public Art
We have a variety of opportunities for artists in the DFW area to present existing or site-specific work in local art venues, businesses, restaurants, bakeries, public buildings, houses, vacant spaces, and temporary private-public art spaces in Fort Worth.
This opportunity is especially for artists interested in expanding their practice to consider, to re-imagine, and to experiment with new forms spaces for display, including but not limited to exhibiting outside of traditional artspaces.
If you are interested in an opportunity to re-imagine your work in a new innovative spaces in the community please seen the following:
1. Up to 10 images (jpeg)
2. Proposed Location Type (i.e., artspace, businesses, public building, temporary public art space)
Send as Word doc. or pdf firstname.lastname@example.org