Post your visual art-related news notices on Art Groups DFW 's Art News DFW page!
Please note that this offer is directed to visual artists and nonprofit visual art groups in the North Texas area. For-profit gallery notices or out-of-geographic-area notices will be included if there is room. All submissions will be moderated.
There are several ways to participate in ArtGroupsDFW:
1. Use the online form below to submit your news notices for posting on Art News DFW
2. OR email your formatted notices or images directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your formatting may have to be altered to fit into the news blog format.
3. Post your art and art-related photos online: Set up your own free account on Flickr.com and join the Art in DFW group on Flickr (instructions below). You can also post your art opinions and announcements on Flickr's Art in DFW Discussion Group.
4. Meet up on Facebook. Join the Art Groups DFW group on Facebook
Post Your Art News!
To submit news notices for the ArtGroupsDFW news page Art News DFW, use the online submission form below. Submission implies legal permission to post the news and associated image submitted. All images remain the property of the artist or copyright holder.
Other Websites to post your art news on:
- Art&Seek.org (art events, exhibits, instruction, calls for entries, jobs etc. - hosted by KERA.)
- Arts+Culture DFW magazine (art events, press notices)
- Dallas Arts Revue (notices of art exhibits, meetings & artist opportunities -- be sure to read the instructions for submission carefully.)
- Pegasus News (notices of art events, exhibits & calls for entries - this is an online newspaper blog for the DFW area)
- The Artist Deadlines list (included in the Art News DFW Calendar) has a listing of websites to post your call for entries at the bottom.
- See the weekly Art Headlines in DFW for more local news sources that you can submit publicity to.
- See also the guide Art News Sources for more websites.
Art in DFW Gallery
Group on Flickr
To post your art and art-related photos online: First set up your own free account on Flickr.com. Then join the Art in DFW Gallery group. Once you are a member you can edit your uploaded photos with the "Group" option to join them to the photostream of the Art in DFW Gallery group.
You can also post your art opinions and announcements on the new Art in DFW Discussion Group.
Copyright issues: Flickr.com provides protection against downloading of original size images, but smaller one can still be downloaded unless more stringent protection is applied (which individuals can do in their own account setting). There is no absolute protection since a screen print will get around this protection. If you are worried about illicit copies, then make your art images smaller or lower resolution. Note that you can edit your images in Flickr also if you have your own account.
Meet up on Facebook!
NEW! Connect with old art friends and make new ones. Join the Art Groups DFW group on Facebook (note: you must be a member of Facebook first - signup is easy and free.) It's a private place to offer your art up for review, discuss art topics, and post your news and photos.