Richardson'’s Cottonwood Art Festival October 6-7, 2012 to show works of 240+ artists in fun-filled outdoor setting
The twice a year Cottonwood Art Festival, featuring works from the nation's top visual artists. Now in its 43rd year, the prestigious show is rated the fifth best art festival in the United States, and is the premier fine arts event in North Texas. WHEN
October 6-7, 2012
10 a.m.-7 p.m. Saturday and 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. Sunday
Full details at http://www.cottonwoodartfestival.com.
This is a rain or shine event.
WHERE Cottonwood Park is located at 1321 W. Beltline Road, one block east of Coit Road, Richardson, TX. Directions can be found at www.cottonwoodartfestival.com.
Parking and admission to the Cottonwood Art Festival is free of charge. Some children’s events require a fee. The artist’s works and food are available for purchase. WHY Cottonwood Art Festival is a juried show. This year approximately 1000 artists will submit their work for consideration. Jurors will select over 240 artists to exhibit their museum-quality work at the festival. The artists compete in 14 categories: 2D Mixed Media, 3D Mixed Media, Ceramics, Digital, Drawings/Pastels, Fiber, Glass, Jewelry, Leather, Metalwork, Painting, Photography, Sculpture and Wood. All works are museum-quality.
- Cottonwood Art Festival is a juried show.
- Each of the artists is there in person to discuss their work, or to talk for a while on a spring afternoon. Meeting the artists and learning about their work are two important things that make Cottonwood Art Festival a truly special event.
- Cottonwood’s beautiful courtyard/café area borders Cottonwood Lake, the perfect stop to enjoy food, spirits and live music.
- The lakeside stage will host a variety of local and regional bands.
- For pint-size Picassos, ArtStop is the festival’s hands-on, interactive children's area with over 100 volunteers, life size paint brushes and activities no child can resist.