Visit Website for prospectus - m
The Third Coast National is a non-thematic, juried exhibition of new works of art from all across the USA. We are simply looking for innovative, interesting contemporary artwork. Now in its 6th year, The Third Coast National marks the anniversary of the opening of K Space Contemporary’s ground level space on Starr Street in downtown Corpus Christi, Texas. This exhibition has proven to be one of the most popular exhibitions in Corpus Christi and one of the artistic highlights of the year.
2012 Juror Christina Rees is the curator of Moudy Gallery and Forth Worth Contemporary Arts at Texas Christian University. Ms. Rees, a native of Irving, Texas, has worked as a writer, editor, columnist and critic in the fields of visual art, film and music and has most recently been owner-director of Road Agent, a contemporary art gallery in Dallas. She is a self professed art lover and pot-stirrer.
- July 14: Entry Deadline (postmark)
- Aug 1: Artists Notified by email
- Sept. 1, Sept. 5-7, from 11 am to 5 pm: Receiving Hand-Delivered Works
- Sept.7: Shipped Works Due (must arrive between Aug. 29 and Sept 7)
- September 15, 6 – 8 pm: Exhibition Opening
- Oct. 19: Exhibition Closes
- Oct. 20, Oct. 24-25, 11 am-5 pm: Pick Up Hand-Delivered works
- Oct 22: Begin Returning Shipped Artwork
K Space Contemporary is a 501(c)3, non-profit organization dedicated to presenting and promoting contemporary art. As a forum for creative exchange and experimentation, we aspire to educate and build awareness for innovative art in South Texas. K Space Contemporary is located in downtown Corpus Christi, Texas.