This intensive weekend workshop is designed to get you off to a flying start making mixed media collage. I want you to work very small. We will start at least three pieces a day so that you will end the weekend with a minimum of six small collages.
Each day will include a brief lecture, a demo for technique, plenty of student painting time and individual guidance. The workshop will end with a group critique. All levels are welcome.
- A look at the work of several modern collage artists.
- Ideas for sourcing a variety of collage materials.
- Experimental tricks and techniques for collage.
- Composition ideas for strong visual impact.
- Learn to use color combinations that work.
- Working in a series and why the pros do it.
- Accurately assessing your own work.
Fee: $120 for the weekend.
Time: 10 am to 4 pm. We will break for lunch at noon. There are several restaurants close by. A refrigerator and microwave are available if you want to bring your lunch.
Location: Artisan’s Studio, 2825 Valley View Lane #301 Dallas, Texas 75234
To register or if you have any questions, please call Maureen at 214-340-6914 or e-mail Maureen. A $60 deposit holds your space. Deposits are non-refundable and non-transferable. Please make the check out to Maureen Brouillette and mail the check with your phone number and e-mail address to:
11108 Ferndale Road
Dallas, TX 75238
For more information about Maureenand supply list go to http://www.mbrouillette.com
MAUREEN BROUILLETTE SWS 2 Weekend Workshops
MIXED MEDIA COLLAGE WEEKEND •
July 14 & 15 Sat & Sun 10-4:00 $120
• HOLIDAY ACRYLIC WORKSHOP •
“Paint your own Christmas card & more!”
Oct. 6 & 7 Sat & Sun 10-4:00 $120