The 2nd chapter of Chapman Kelley's Memoirs in now available on the Dallas Art History Blog.
Included in it are:
- first commercial gallery show at age 24
- Kelley imported to Dallas, Texas
- second "painting" trip to Europe on the Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts William Emlen Cresson Traveling Scholarship
- Pamplona, Spain & Surrealist painter Giorgio de Chirico
- teaching at the Dallas Museum of Fine Art's High School Scholarship Class
- Atelier Chapman Kelley is born
- "Sand Dune 1960" painting gives Kelley his first major prize
To read the 2nd Chapter of the memoirs go to the Dallas Art History blog or click here.