The USk-DFW sketch crawl is this Saturday, Nov. 17th in Grapevine. Meet in front of the Visitors’ Center at 1:30. Free parking is behind the Visitor Center building. Address: Grapevine Visitor Information Center, 636 S Main St, Grapevine, TX 76051 https://www.grapevinetexasusa.com/listing/grapevine-visitor-information-center/122/
Grapevine is loaded with great sketch opportunities: the old train station, the Farmers’ Market, old feed mill silos, a quaint Old Town along Main Street and eleven wineries/tasking rooms, many on main street.
The old-time train leaves the Main Street station at 1:00 PM, so come early if you want to see and sketch that. Also come early and have lunch at one of dozens of restaurants along Main Street.
Join the local Urban Sketchers group at:
URBAN SKETCHERS MANIFESTO
• We draw on location, indoors or out, capturing what we see from direct observation.
• Our drawings tell the story of our surroundings, the places we live and where we travel.
• Our drawings are a record of time and place.
• We are truthful to the scenes we witness.
• We use any kind of media and cherish our individual styles.
• We support each other and draw together.
• We share our drawings online.
• We show the world, one drawing at a time.
Before sharing your drawings in the pool, make sure they meet these basic criteria and they are done in the spirit of the Urban Sketchers Manifesto:
• You did the drawing on location, not from photos or memory.
• You have written the location of the sketch (town and state/country) in the headline or caption.
• Studio still lifes, posed models, and drawings from imagination do not meet the guidelines or the spirit of the Urban Sketchers Manifesto.
• We also encourage members to write descriptions and stories associated with each sketch.
Images that do not meet these guidelines will be removed.
LEARN MORE ABOUT URBAN SKETCHERS: