CRITERIA FOR PARTICIPATION IN MEMBERSHIP SHOW
All persons with memberships valid through October 2015 are eligible to submit artwork. Entrants must be or become members of The McKinney Avenue Contemporary at the time of submission. Membership applications and information about membership benefits can be acquired at www.the-mac.org. A One (1) Year Artist / Student Membership is $30.
Member Artist Submissions & Requirements
Each artist can submit only one artwork but could also participate in one collaborative work. We strongly encourage free-standing artworks due to limited wall space.
Please note: there is no access to electrical outlets – artworks with electrical components cannot be accommodated.
× Visual Art: wall-mounted art cannot exceed 2 pounds and 2 feet in any dimension and must be ready to install on date of delivery. Free-standing art cannot exceed 100 pounds and 5 feet in any dimension.
- o For free-standing artworks: if you are able to position the artwork yourself without the assistance of MAC staff there is no weight limit.
× Performance Art / Literary Readings: Performance Art and Literary Readings will be presented during the opening reception.
× Collaborative Works: Please contact The MAC to obtain the criteria for participation and guidelines for collaborative works.
Work that does not comply with these requirements will not be accepted. The MAC will not refund membership fees to those that have not complied with the submission guidelines.
- 1. All works must be labeled with the following information:
– Artists first and last name
– Title, media and date of work
– Indication of top of image if necessary for visual art
- 2. Free standing artwork should not exceed 5′ in any dimension
- 3. Free standing work should not exceed 100lbs
- 4. Artwork to be hung on walls should not exceed 2′ in any dimension
- 5. Artwork to be hung on walls should not exceed 5lbs
- 6. Wall-mounted work must be ready to hang
– Wall-mounted works will be hung using zipties.
– Please ensure there are two screw eyes or some other means to suspend zipties
- 7. Include a caption sheet with your name, address and contact information at the top left of the page.
– The caption sheet should include:
× Title, Date, Dimensions, Medium
× Brief captions or explanatory notes of work
× Price if the work is for sale
Drop Off Dates & Deadline
Drop off dates are Saturday, October 10 from 11am – 5pm and Wednesday through Friday, October 13 – 16 from 11am to 3pm. All entries must be received no later than Friday, October 16 at 3:00pm. Please contact The MAC to set up an appointment to drop off your artwork if these dates/times conflict with your schedule. Out of town artists are welcomed to ship their artwork to The MAC before October 15. Please include paid return shipment or make alternative arrangements for the return of your artwork. If shipped deliver to PO Box 600272, Dallas, TX 75360
Notification and Return of Work
The MAC will provide a time and date after the closing of the exhibition for all works to be collected. The MAC requests that artists who sell their work as a result of the show to arrange separately for the delivery of the work to the buyer. You are responsible for picking up or arranging pick up of your artwork after the membership show.
The dates and times that the MAC will be open for art pick-up are:
Saturday, October 24 through Monday, October 26 from 11am to 5 p.m.
Please contact The MAC to set up an appointment to drop off your artwork if these dates/times conflict with your schedule. Due to limited storage space, if your artwork remains after October 27th the MAC is not liable for loss or damage to your work.
The MAC is not responsible for the loss or damage of works while in transit or while on display at The MAC. The MAC reserves the right to reproduce images of artwork in the 2015 Membership Show on The MAC website and in any Membership Show advertising or collateral associated with the exhibition.
Submission of work to the exhibit indicates acceptance of conditions stated above.