DALLAS – Dallas Arts District SPRING BLOCK pARTy is set for 6 p.m. to midnight Friday, March 18, at Pearl and Flora Streets in Dallas. The event, open to the public at no charge, will close the streets and celebrate everything the popular district offers.
Some highlights will include:
- Crow Collection of Asian Art at 2010 Flora St.
- Dallas Museum of Art at 1717 N. Harwood St.
- Nasher Sculpture Center at 2001 Flora St.
Experience all three museums by participating in special activities, live concerts, guided tours, local brews, films and much more.
In addition, on-the-street performances will include:
- Shakespeare Dallas get wild in the streets
- An acoustic David Bowie tribute by the Thin White Dukes
- Danielle Georgiou Dance Group – DGDG plots the Ides of March
- Swing dancing with The Rhythm Room to Jackson Pollock’s favorite jazz records
- Curbside karaoke with Mr. Rid
- Beats and threads with Durty Laundry DJ truck
- DMA presents “An American in Paris” (1951) on Ross Avenue Plaza
- The Nasher presents a concert by Kurt Thurmond, followed by a special screening of “Edward Scissorhands” in the Nasher Garden
- Goodnight Gorlinski at the Crow Collection of Asian Art
- DJ Luxury Raps at Klyde Warren Park
Food and drinks, including local craft beers and libations from Alamo Drafthouse DFW, will be available. Fifteen gourmet food trucks will keep the party rolling.
DART Rail service runs until midnight, and enjoy Uber pickup/drop-off points in the district — $20 ride credit for new users using the code: “DalArts”
For more information, go to https://www.facebook.com/events/594762490675789/.
Submitted by Stephanie Patrick. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org