Let Your Creativity Loose at Plano Artfest
Downtown Plano‘s annual arts festival takes place this weekend on April 27 and 28.
The third annual Plano Artfest is this Friday (5 PM – 9 PM) and Saturday (10 AM – 9 PM) in the Downtown Plano Arts District! The FREE two-day festival will have all kinds of family-friendly activities and community arts programming.
Check out some of this year’s festival highlights:
- Chalk It Up, presented by Raising Cane’s: This free sidewalk chalk competition is Plano‘s favorite family tradition! Chalk murals are judged by a panel from the Plano Art Association and prizes are awarded. (MORE INFO)
- Kids Zone, presented by Smile Doctors Braces: Bring the whole family out! Some of the entertainment for the kiddos will include yoga, make-it-take-it crafts, chalk art, and an instrument petting zoo. (MORE INFO)
- Live Art Demos: Artists will be stationed throughout the festival, putting their talents on display and sharing the making of their art with you. The graffiti artists will be back, and along with a chainsaw artist and several others. (MORE INFO)
- Main Stage, presented by Artisan Vapor Company: McCall Plaza will host live performances from local arts groups throughout the entire duration of the festival. Saturday will close with concerts from Ron Bultongez at 6 PM and Hannah Kirby at 8 PM. (MORE INFO)
- Maker’s Market, presented by ATEC: Come see some of the finest craftsmen and artisans in North Texas. 80+ craft vendors will be showcasing their work for sale! (MORE INFO)
- Paw Print Tees, presented by Camp Bow Wow: Your pup can decorate a Plano Artfest t-shirt just for you! Dogs can dip their toes in non-toxic paint and create a masterpiece when they walk on their owners’ t-shirts. (MORE INFO)
- Technicolor Experience, presented by Capital One: Capital One is bringing a new element to Plano Artfest: the Technicolor Experience. The installation will explore 3D image mapping, display work from UTD’s Public Interactive Reasearch Lab (PIRL), and host a panel discussion about artificial intelligence. (MORE INFO)
- The Park Gallery: Art Centre of Plano will host an outdoor gallery of local art. The work of 20+ artists will be on display, while several artists show off their talents live. There will also be a few hands-on art pieces, so that festival attendees can join in the creating! (MORE INFO)