The USA Film Festival announces SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
46th Annual USA Film Festival
April 20 – 24, 2016
DALLAS – The USA Film Festival announces the schedule of events for the 46th Annual USA Film Festival, April 20 – 24, 2016. All programs will be held at the Angelika Film Center, 5321 E. Mockingbird Lane, Dallas, Texas. Advance tickets are available exclusively through Ticketmaster beginning April 8, 2016.
This year’s program highlights (in-person guests) include:
– Salute to actor Alfred Molina with screening of Ira Sachs’ new film Little Men (The feature film will be preceded by a film clip compilation saluting Alfred Molina)
– Salute to writer/director Ira Sachs with screening of his new film Little Men
– Salute to the legendary photojournalist Harry Benson with screening of the new documentary film Harry Benson: Shoot First; The program will be hosted by actor (and USAFF Advisory Board member) Peri Gilpin; Harry Benson and filmmakers Matthew Miele and Justin Bare in attendance
– Salute to writer/director Whit Stillman (in attendance) with screening of his new film Love & Friendship
– Salute to country music superstar Charley Pride with screening of the new documentary film Country: Portraits of an American Sound; Charley Pride and writer/director Steven Kochones in attendance
– Salute to actor Bruce Davison with screenings of the new short film Extra School and new feature film Displacement (The feature film will be preceded by a film clip compilation saluting Bruce Davison)
– Dallas-born actor Courtney Hope (the Divergent series) returns to her hometown with a screening of the new feature thriller in which she stars, Displacement, (also with Bruce Davison); writer/director Kenneth Mader also in attendance
– Special repertory screening of The Diary of Anne Frank with star Millie Perkins in attendance
– Screening of the fascinating new documentary The Witness (a re-examination of the murder of Kitty Genovese) with writer/director James Solomon and writer Bill Genovese in attendance
– Screening debut of the Dallas-based documentary film Taking Back Oak Lawn with director Steven Pomerantz and other guests in attendance
– Actor Linda Gray (starring in the short film Wally’s Will) will host a program of new short films with filmmakers in attendance including Bruce Davison (Extra School) and Kelly Lynch (Madame Psychosis Holds a Séance, written, directed and art-designed by Dallas-born artist/painter Rosson Crow, also in attendance)
– Awards program for the 38th Annual International Short Film Competition; The 2016 National Jury includes writer/directorJohn Putch, actor/writer/director Christina Beck, actor/writer/producer Paul Marcarelli, actor/writer/director/producer Karen Young, and writer/director/producer/
– Several programs of short films and filmmakers will be presented during the program (Narrative, Nonfiction, Student, Animation) as Free-admission events
– Opening Night chef’s dinner at Salum Restaurant hosted by Chef Abraham Salum with visiting Chef Vivian Howard from PBS’s A Chef’s Life and Master Sommelier Michael Flynn; Broadcasting legend (NBC5) and long-time USAFF friend Bobbie Wygant will serve as Honorary Chairman for the fundraiser and will be in attendance.
[A full schedule of films is listed in the attached program flyer. Another 60+ filmmaker guests will be in attendance.) 46th USA Film Festival Schedule of Events full schedule
Guest moderators for this year’s program include:
– Actor (and USAFF Advisory Board Member) Linda Gray will host the SHOWCASE SHORTS program on Saturday, April 23rd
– Actor Peri Gilpin will host the Salute to Harry Benson on Saturday April 23rd
– Professor of cinema/film writer Foster Hirsch will host the screening of The Diary of Anne Frank with special guest actor Millie Perkins
DEDICATION — This year’s program is dedicated to long-time friends and filmmakers Tom Bywaters, Philip Wuntch, Richard Glatzer and Bud Yorkin.
TICKET & SCHEDULE INFORMATION
Tickets for most programs are $10.
There are also several FREE-admission shows noted in the schedule.
A complete schedule of all Festival events may be obtained by calling the Festival office at
214-821-FILM or may be viewed online at www.usafilmfestival.com
Sponsors of the 46th Annual USA Film Festival include Dave Perry-Miller Real Estate, Gaedeke Group, Whole Foods Market, Carol and Alan J. Bernon Family Charitable Trust, Headington Company, Suddenlink Communications, Dallas Film Commission, B2B Wireless, Sidley Austin LLP, Jackson Walker LLP, Texas Film Commission, Texas Association of Motion Media Professionals, B2B Wireless, DISH Network, SAG-AFTRA, Alford Media Services, MPS Studios, Angelika Film Center and Ticketmaster. The USA Film Festival is supported in part by the City of Dallas Office of Cultural Affairs. This program is supported in part by a grant from the Texas Commission on the Arts.
ABOUT THE USA FILM FESTIVAL
A year-round film festival featuring 50 days of programs
The USA Film Festival is a 46-year-old Dallas-based 501c3 non-profit organization dedicated to the recognition and promotion of excellence in the film and video arts. Year-round events include the annual KidFilm®Festival, a 38-year-old International Short Film Competition; monthly screenings; special programs and premieres; and the USA Film Festival, held each Spring. Throughout the year, the Festival presents a variety of membership, exhibition, educational, and cultural programs designed to bring together audiences and filmmakers for a “live cinema” experience.