Plano Artfest is back for a second year. This year’s festival will include a week of community art programming that ends with a two-day festival in the Downtown Plano Arts District. Come out and let your creativity loose!
When? Saturday, April 22 from 5 PM to 11 PM and Sunday, April 23 from 10 AM to 6 PM
Where? Saturday’s events will take place in McCall Plaza, while Sunday will be in Haggard Park.
What? Plano Artfest is a FREE community event built around artistic inclusiveness, creative curiosities, and cultural connection.
|This year’s Artfest will be adding a Saturday night experience geared towards a more contemporary art crowd, while Sunday will be the traditional family fun day for young families and art lovers of all types.
Saturday will include:
- Contemporary art installations curated by Dallas artist Joshua King from the Aurora festival
- Food trucks provided by Hub Streat
- An Artisan Lounge presented by Artisan Vapor Company
- A concert held on the Hub Streat Stage featuring local bands and regional headliner Black Joe Lewis & the Honeybears
Sunday will include:
- Free sidewalk chalk contest Chalk It Up
- Performances from Plano’s best art and cultural groups
- Local food vendors
- A makers market
- A Kids Zone with bounce houses and art make-it-and-take-it stations
Collin College’s art department
will be at the festival on both days, doing live demonstrations of pottery making and metal pouring art and hosting severalinteractive public art stations.
Mark it in your calendars and bring a friend! We can’t wait to see you there!