September 4 – 26, 2015
Each September Historic Fort Worth, Inc. produces a month-long, multi-faceted event called Preservation is the Art of the City™ at the Fort Worth Community Arts Center, 1300 Gendy Street.
In its 13th year, the art show and sale is comprised of works by 48 local artists who paint in a variety of mediums. A special section of the show called Stories of the City is for preservation-themed artworks.
The 2015 featured artist is James Malone. Malone’s work graces homes and corporate spaces in Fort Worth and nationally. Combining exquisite draftsmanship with a variety of techniques and materials, he creates intuitive and lyrical drawings that invite viewers to share in his emotional response to the varied landscape of Texas.
Events at Preservation is the Art of the City™ September 4-26 FWCAC Hours
- Party with the Artists September 10 6:30 to 9:00
- Art Show & Sale Through Sept. 26 FWCAC Hours**
- Gallery Night September 12 6:00 to 10:00
- Cantey Lecture & Preservation Awards September 24 6:30 to 8:00
- City Build: A Free Family Event September 26 11:00 to 3:00
FWCAC Hours: Monday-Friday 9:00 -5:00 Saturday 10:00 -5:00 Closed Sundays