Visual Art League of Lewisville
Medical Center of Lewisville Grand Theater
100 North Charles St.
Lewisville TX 7505
Juror: Director of the Art Galleries at Texas Christian University in Fort Worth, Sara-Jayne Parsons
The Visual Art League of Lewisville, Texas is pleased to announce a call for entries for the Fresh Ideas 2016 juried show how to be held at the Medical Center of Lewisville Grand Theater art gallery in Lewisville, Texas from July 30 through September 10, 2016.
The exhibition is open to all visual artists who reside in Texas and contiguous states (Louisiana, Arkansas, Oklahoma, and New Mexico). The non-refundable entry fee is $50 for non-members of VAL and $35 for VAL members for a maximum of three (3) pieces of work. Membership forms to join VAL can be found at http://visualartleague.org/test/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Membership-application.pdf.
Only original 2D and 3D art work (oil, watercolors, acrylics, pastel, mixed media, collage, drawing, prints, photography, ceramics, textiles, fiber, encaustic, jewelry and sculpture) created in the last two (2) years which has not previously been shown in any VAL juried exhibit will be considered for inclusion in the show. Original means works conceived and created by the artist and not created in a classroom setting. The maximum size of entries into this year’s competition is 50” x 50” including the frame. All 3D artwork must be able to sit on a pedestal no larger than 20” x 14”” or on the floor. Only one work of those entered by each artist may be selected by the juror to be exhibited in the show.
Submissions of entries into the show will be via (https://www.callforentry.org/festivals_unique_info.php?ID=3457) and must meet the requirements of that site for size and type of image that is accepted.
Fee: $50.00 ( Non Member- Fresh Ideas 2016)
Fee: $35.00 (VAL Member- Fresh Ideas 2016)
Entry Deadline: 6/30/16
Fresh Ideas 2016 is the latest iteration of VAL’s long-standing tradition of mounting prestigious juried exhibitions of new art works that represent current trends in modern art. Shown in the beautiful 2,000 sq ft Medical Center of Lewisville Grand Theater Center art gallery (seehttp://www.mclgrand.com and http://visualartleague.org/about), Fresh Ideas has been expanded this year to include regional artists to bring additional vitality to the Visual Art League’s exhibition series. $2,000 in awards
- DEADLINE: Friday, July 1st, 2016, 1:00 AM Central Daylight Time (all subsequent times here are CDT). Entries due at https://www.callforentry.org/festivals_unique_info.php?ID=3457
- Friday, July 1st – Friday, July 8th. Judging
- Monday, July 11th. Artists notified of acceptance into the exhibition
- Saturday, July 16: Accepted entries due at MCL Grand (shipping/mailing address: Visual Art League, Medical Center of Lewisville Theater, 100 North Charles St., Lewisville TX 75057, classroom 2) between 1:00 – 5:00 pm
- Friday, July 29: Opening Reception 7:00 – 9:00 pm, Award Ceremony 8:00 pm, MCL Grand art gallery
- Saturday, September 10: Final day of Exhibit
- Saturday, September 10 5:00 – 6:00 pm and Monday September 12 1:00 to 3:00, Pick up entries
- Week of September 10, 2016 – Return of shipped artwork