Illustrators in any country working in any medium or context can enter work created between January 2017 and February 2018.
Submissions can be made into eight categories as either a New Talent (students or those within 2 years of graduation or entering the illustration world) or as a Professional entry.
Work may be entered by the creator or third parties such as agents, colleges or commissioners.
In addition to the prestige of being recognised by the World Illustration Awards, there are many tangible benefits to entering:
Be seen by commissioners:
- Selected entries will be promoted across our extensive industry networks as soon as they come in.
- All entrants have their work seen and judged by industry professionals, which may lead to commissions.
- All 200 shortlisted and winning entries are included in a full colour, 128-page catalogue, direct mailed to 1,300 major commissioners worldwide.
- All shortlisted and winning entries will be showcased on the Awards site in dedicated online portfolios.
- All shortlisted artists will have their work promoted across the AOI’s industry networks.
- All shortlisted and winning entries will be presented in a high-profile exhibition at Somerset House, London held in June 2018.
- All shortlisted entries have the opportunity to be selected for a touring exhibition which receives over 40,000 visitors every year.
Be in with a chance to win some incredible prizes:
- This year there are cash prizes for the Overall Winners, sponsored by rOtring: £2,000 for the Overall Professional Winner, and £1,000 for the Overall New Talent Winner.
- The Overall Professional Winner will receive 1 full page in Directory of Illustration No. 35. including an online portfolio with 100 images. The value is $2695 USD.
- The Professional Advertising Category Winner will receive an iPad Pro, Apple Pencil and Procreate software package, courtesy of the Advertising Category sponsor Procreate.
- The New Talent Advertising Category Winner will receive a Procreate software package, courtesy of the Advertising Category sponsor Procreate.
- All category winners will be given a complimentary annual AOI membership, valued at £160
Entry fees apply. We accept payment in three currencies:
Single entry: 1 image or 1 moving image link: £25 / $33 / €30
Multiple Entry: Up to 5 entries (which can be a mixture of still and moving images): £45 / $60 / €54
The deadline for submissions is Tuesday 6 February 2018.Submitted by Daisy McMullan. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org