Irving Art Association presents its 4th annual DFW-area photography competition (last year’s was canceled due to the pandemic). It will be held from Oct. 31 through Nov. 24 at the Jaycee Park Center for the Arts in Irving. The deadline to enter online is Thursday, October 28th by midnight. For the Winners Gallery from the 2019 show, click here.
REQUIREMENTS in brief: (see the 2021 call and prospectus for the complete rules)
Open to all D/FW and surrounding area residents.
▪ All submissions must be the original work of the photographer participating in the show.
▪ Either film or digital is acceptable. For digital images, black and white film and color film images, a reasonable post production allows for adjustments to exposure, brightness, contrast and correction to dirt spots or other flaws in the image. Identifiable excessive post production and/or non-standard (digital art processes) may disqualify the entry from judging with no refund of submission fee. Painted photographs, added digital illustration, or other mixed media will disqualify the entry from judging.
▪ Any subject matter will be considered as acceptable, except nudes, although the Curator of the show, and the IAA Board of Directors reserves the right to disqualify material which could be considered profane or in poor taste.
▪ Submitted works must have been created in the last 2 years (completed after 01 November 2017), and not accepted in a previous IAA Art Exhibit.
▪ Limit of one to three entries per photographer
▪ Finished piece must not exceed 36″ X 36″ outer dimension, and cannot weigh more than 20 lbs.
▪ For framing and wiring requirements, see the prospectus. NO CLEATS AND NO SAWTOOTH HANGERS. Back stapled, or gallery wrap stretched canvas may be used, and may be edge-image wrap, or framed.
Digital images will be accepted: JPGs or PNGs with 300 pixels per inch resolution and a width and/or height maximum of 1800 pixels/6 inches. Maximum of 3MB. Images should show only the photograph (no frame, easel or background).
ENTRY FEE (for up to three images)
$25 IAA Members
Submit your entry online with payment via PayPal or a check. No refunds. If you can’t pay through Paypal, bring a check at drop off).
REGISTER (Online entry deadline Thursday, October 28th by 11:59pm or whenever the maximum number has been received.)
▪ B&W FILM (PRINTED FROM NEGATIVE)
▪ COLOR FILM (PRINTED FROM NEGATIVE)
▪ B&W DIGITAL (DSLR, MIRRORLESS, CELL PHONE)
▪ COLOR DIGITAL (DSLR, MIRRORLESS, CELL PHONE)
SELECTION & AWARDS
All entries will be accepted into the competition, with the possible exception of content or size disqualification. Awards will be selected at the discretion of the juror.
▪ Entry Deadline : Wednesday, October 28, 2021 at 11:59 or whenever the maximum number has been received.
▪ Hand delivered entries : Saturday, October 30, 10 AM – 2 PM
▪ Jaycee Park Center for the Arts, 1975 Puritan Dr., Irving TX 75061
▪ Exhibit opens : Sunday, October 31
▪ Reception & Awards Ceremony : Sunday, November 14, 2 PM– 4 PM
▪ Exhibit Closes : November 24
▪ Art pick up : Early pickup Sunday, November 21st 1 PM – 5 PM because of the Thanksgiving Holiday. OR Pick up Saturday November 27th, 10 AM -2 PM
Please use the Registration Form at https://irvingartassociation.org/enter-the-2021-iaa-photography-awards-competition/