Call for Artist Submissions
Texas Women’s Caucus for Art “Women’s Art Fair”
The Women’s Museum Building, Fair Park
April 5th-9th, during Dallas Arts Week
Submission deadline: March 6, 2017
Artists Notified: March 20, 2017
The Texas chapter of the WCA seeks female, or female identifying, artists of all disciplines for our upcoming exhibition/alternative art fair in the Women’s Museum Building at Fair Park, April 5th-9th, during Dallas Arts Week. The show will be curated by a professional, local curator who will select the works to be included. (Note: If you enter more than one piece, each piece may be accepted) This anti-art fair will promote women in the arts in Texas and showcase the work of creative minds that have been under recognized by art institutions and establishments. This is a wonderful opportunity to show your work in a beautiful building dedicated to women. This exhibition will provide ample exposure, as it will have extensive advertising by both the organization and Fair Park, and will receive a lot of press. All selected artists will receive one image on our exhibition page with a link to their website.
- Female, or female-identifying, artist living in Texas
- There is no budget for installation, so artist must ship/deliver/install/de-install works themselves. If the artist cannot be there for installation and/or de-installation, a volunteer preparator will handle the work.
- If selected, the artist must sign a damage liability waiver.
- There are no stipulations for medium and all submissions will be considered, including but not limited to 2D, 3D, video, installation, and performance art.
- Artists are encouraged to attend the opening reception the night of April 5th.
Submission Requirements and Checklist
- Submission Fee
- Current TX WCA members submit for free
- Non-members have two options:
- Send the following information in a single PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your name & contact information
- Artist statement
- Bio and/or CV
- Image list (Titles of Included Photos with corresponding file name)
- Attach image files in the e-mail, as instructed below
- File Set Up: Jpeg files, 1024 pixels on the longest side at 72 DPI, 3MB or less each (saved)
- Name Files: firstname_lastname1.jpg, firstname_lastname2.jpg, etc…
- If the files are too large to send through e-mail server, please send using free online transfer service WeTransfer (https://wetransfer.com/)
Submission deadline is March 6, 2017Submitted by Texas Women's Caucus for Art. Email: email@example.com