Creative Arts Competitions http://bigtex.com/creativearts/
With more than 1,100 competition categories including photography, canning, art, sewing and cooking, the State Fair’s Creative Arts competitions provide professionals and amateurs of all ages a showcase for their creative skills.
2016 CREATIVE ARTS HANDBOOK (prospectus)
The competition includes fine arts (Oil, Acrylic, Pastel, Watercolor, Ink, Pencil or Charcoal, Mixed Media and
Printmaking), photography, ceramics and hobbies for all age levels. Fees depend upon department – ART has a 4 piece limit – $5 per entry for adults.
- July 22, 2916 deadline to entry (mail or in person)
- August 12 -14 deliver entry to Creative Arts Building
- August 14 judging begins
- Sept. 7 – 9 pick up non-winning entries
- Sept. 30 – Oct. 23 State Fair of Texas
- Oct. 26 – 28 post Fair pick-up