International call to artists over the age of 18, open to all disciplines with no theme. All medias including oils, acrylics, pastels, watercolors, prints, drawings, mixed media, sculpture, video, installation, photography, and digital art. The Solo Show[Down] will occur in our premier, 3000 square foot, Front Gallery at The Arts Center. The Fort Worth Community Arts Center is located at 1300 Gendy Street, and is part of the most architecturally significant museum districts in the United States.
All artwork must be original and must not infringe upon any copyright or the rights of any person.
· Grand Prize Winner: Solo Show during a Gallery Night in the future. Gallery Night is an event that occurs twice a year. They are our most popular openings of the year where we anticipate more than 3000 visitors in a single night.
· Runners Up: A group exhibition.
· Each piece displayed will be represented in The Solo Showdown exhibition catalog.
· People’s Choice: Single artist who receives the most likes on Facebook will receive a cash prize of $250.
JUROR: Christina Rees
Deadline: June 1, 2019 $25 submission fee for up to three pieces. Each additional submission will be $5 each.
· May 1, 2019 – Deadline for submission
· June 1, 2019 – Notifications emailed to artists
· June 15 – June 28, 2019 – Shipped delivery of artwork
· June 28, 2019 – Hand delivery of artwork
· July 5, 2019 – Opening, 6 -9 pm
· July 12, 2019 – Reception, 6 -9 pm
· July 24, 2019 – Closing
· July 25, 2019 – Show comes down, pick up or repacked for return shipment