The Society of Watercolor Artists in Fort Worth is issuing its annual call for members’ work. It’s not too late to join for 2021 – see https://www.swawatercolor.com/joinswa.
$3,000 in cash & merchandise awards. Juror: Mollie Jones. ENTRY INFORMATION: https://www.swawatercolor.com/copy-of-2019-international-exhibiti
HOW TO ENTER 1. Sending the digital images:
Electronic submission is required (Slides and images on CD’s will not be reviewed).
Correctly sized and labeled images must be sent by the midnight deadline by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org In the email with your entry image(s) you must include the following information:
- Your Name
- Address (City, State, Zip)
- Phone Number
- Name of each painting submitted
- Size of each painting submitted in inches (not framed size)
- Price of each painting submitted. (in US Dollars)
If you are submitting more than one entry (up to 3), all the above information must be included in one email.
- Entry Fee: $35 (Covers up to 3 images for submission for consideration) and is not refundable.
There are two methods of payment.
(1) Payment can be made online with Pay Pal on the SWA website: www.swawatercolor.com.
(2) Payment may be sent by mail to the Exhibition Chair, Skeeter Murley. There is a $25 fee for returned checks. Your payment and images sent indicate you agree to all rules of the prospectus.
Your entry must be an original work of art, painted only by you, and not produced in a class or workshop. Photo reference material must have been taken by you. Paintings copied from commercial or published photographs or other artist’s work, or computer produced work will not be exhibited. If the scene is a well-known scene, tape your own resource materials (photo) to the back of the painting.
Work must be water-media on watercolor paper or Yupo. Water-media includes traditional watercolors, acrylics, inks or gouache. No works on canvas or other materials other than specified.
Minimum image size is 10” x 12” (Matting/framing specs are listed under framing)
Not allowed in this exhibition and will result in disqualification:
- ▪ Collage
- ▪ Nudes
- ▪ Work done during a workshop or in a class that is not original subject matter of artist.
- ▪ Copies or likenesses of another artist’s artwork.
- ▪ Digital reproductions or use of web/online photographs.
- ▪ Digital/printer reproductions printed onto surface of artwork.
Artwork must have been completed in the last 3 years (after September 2018) and cannot have been shown previously in any SWA juried art exhibitions. Each artist may submit up to 3 paintings for consideration, no more than one may be chosen for the show by the juror.
2021 Members Exhibition Calendar
Exhibition Dates: October 9 – November 20, 2021
Entry Deadline: Wednesday, September 8, 2021 by midnight CST
Acceptance Notification: September 18, 2021 by e-mail
Shipped Pieces Due: October 1, 2021
Hand-Delivered Pieces Due: Saturday, October 9, 2021, 12 Noon – 2 PM
Reception/Awards: Saturday, November 20, 2021, 2-4 PM
Take Down and Pickup: Saturday, November 20, 2021, Immediately After Reception