It’s that time again and USAO will be hosting our 8th Seven-State Biennial this fall in our Nesbitt Gallery at the University of Science &Arts of Oklahoma. The deadline for submissions is midnight, August 14, 2015. We are offering the same great cash prizes as always. You can download a prospectus by going to the link below.
The Seven State Biennial is open to artists residing in Arkansas, Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Texas.
AWARDS: $11,000 in cash and purchase awards.
- 1st Place – $2500
- 2nd Place – $1500
- 3rd Place – $500
- (5) $100 Juror’s Choice Awards
- plus up to $6000 in Purchase Awards
The 2015 Seven State Biennial Juror is internationally renowned artist James Surls.
We have added a third Oklahoma venue for the show, which will allow the artwork in the exhibition to be viewed by a much larger audience within the state.
The show will open in USAO’s Nesbitt Gallery Sept. 26 and run through Nov. 4, after which it travels to the Charles B. Goddard Center in Ardmore for a Nov. 9-25 run. After the show leaves Ardmore, it travels to the Museum of the Red River in Idabel, where it will be on exhibit Dec. 8-Jan. 31.
For more information, contact: Layne Thrift at (405) 574.1374 or email@example.com. Leah Feild at (405) 574.1239
- August 14 (F) – Deadline for all entries. Images entered should be placed in a PowerPoint with title, medium, and size and placed on a flash drive or CD.
- September 4 (F) – Notification of acceptance or rejection.
- September 11 (F) – Deadline for receipt of accepted works by Nesbitt Gallery, USAO, Chickasha.
- September 26 (S) – Opening reception at the Nesbitt Gallery, USAO, Chickasha, 7 pm. Attendance by the Juror is optional. All Biennial awards will be announced at the reception.
- November 4 (W) – Exhibit closes at the Nesbitt Gallery, USAO, Chickasha. Exhibition moves to Charles B. Goddard Center in Ardmore, OK.
- November 9 (M) – Exhibit opens at the Charles B. Goddard Center, Ardmore with a reception on Saturday, November 14, at 7 pm.
- November 25 (W) – Exhibit closes at the Charles B. Goddard Center, Ardmore.
December 8 (T) – Exhibit opens at the Museum of the Red River, Idabel, OK.
- January 31 (Sun) – Exhibit closes at the Museum of the Red River, Idabel. All unsold work returned to the Nesbitt Gallery for pick up/return