Raw Talent: 500X College Expo
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
2017 College Expo
Opening Saturday, February 18th 7-10pm
Juried by Danielle Avram
Submissions Deadline: January 29th, 2017
About College Expo
500X Gallery, Texas’ oldest artist-run space, continues our annual juried show for college students!
Like the annual Expo juried show, 2017 College Expo aims to bring together artists from around the state. The exhibition offers college students an opportunity to enter into a dialogue with their Texas-based counterparts and to see work by their colleagues at other institutions. The exhibition will offer visitors an overview of the variety of perspectives that exist throughout colleges and universities in Texas.
- To submit work, please visit http://500x.slideroom.com
- The exhibition is open to all artists enrolled in college-level courses in Texas.
- The entry fee is $30 for up to 3 images (includes details of work).
- All visual media are eligible, including drawing, painting, photography, sculpture, installation and video (artist must supply all required electronic equipment).
- Artists will be notified via email Tuesday, Feb. 5th, if the work has been accepted into the exhibition. If you do not receive an email, your work has not been accepted.
- All work must be picked up by March 13th . $50 storage charge for work left after this date.
- Work must be exhibition ready (with securely attached D-rings, cleats, etc). Works without hanging hardware- even if accepted by the juror- will NOT be accepted for the exhibition, and there will be no refund of the entry fee.
- Complex installations will be considered only if the artist is available to install.
- During drop-off, accepted entrants must show a current student ID.
- Securely label each work with your name, title of work, media, dimensions, date of execution, and price. You will be asked to fill out a form with this information for our records again on site.
- The gallery retains a 40% commission on all artwork sold during the exhibition.
- January 29th: Submission of work due online at http://500x.slideroom.com
- February 5th: Accepted artists notified
- February 11th and 12th, 2-5 pm: Artists drop-off work
- February 18, 7-10 pm: Opening Reception
- March 12th: Exhibition Ends
- March 12th & 13th: Artists Pick-Up Work