PrintMatters invites you to PRINTTX, a juried exhibition of contemporary Texas printmaking to be held at the Museum of Printing History during PRINTHOUSTON 2013.
We are interested in work that presents printmaking asa vital and adaptable medium. In addition to lithography, relief, intaglio, monoprint/monotype, and serigraphy, we welcome animation, installations, ceramics, sculpture, mixed media, video, and artists’ books. We only ask that the primary technique(s) used be one of those listed above.
The juror, Peter S Briggs, is the Helen DeVitt Jones Curator of Art at the Museum of Texas Tech University. In 2005 he founded the Artist Printmaker Research Collection. He was curator at the University of Arizona Museum of Art for over 15 years. Briggs has curated and organized over 200 exhibitions and authored a wide range of critical and art historical articles, exhibition catalogs, reviews, and books.
You can download the complete application at www.printmattershouston.org.
- April 2 Postmark deadline
- April 30 Email notifications
- May 28–31 Shipped artwork due 10–5 p.m.
- May 30 & 31Hand-deliveried work due 3–5:30 p.m.
- June 13 Opening reception & awards 6–8 p.m.
- June 15 Artists’ Talks 2–4 p.m.
- September 17 & 18 Hand-delivered pick-up 3–6 p.m.
- September 17 Return shipping begins