The photography group exhibition is part of a larger Dallas Public Library program, The Women’s History Month event titled: Our Voices. Photograph submissions must include a small essay of 100 words or less describing how the photograph portrays a powerful woman; or how the photograph portrays womanhood as powerful. Open to all residents of Dallas of any age. No Fees. Multiple Submissions accepted.
Women’s History Month Photography Group Exhibition Open Call Rules for Entry
- Artist Requirements:
Photography Exhibition is open to artists and photographers of all ages, who live in the City of Dallas.
- The Artwork Must Be Original:
You must be the creator of the artwork that is submitted. Your photograph must be your own original concept and not a copy of anyone else’s copyrighted material. If your image infringes upon another’s copyright it will be disqualified.
- Artwork Requirements:
- Photographs must be ready to hang. Color or Black and White accepted. Maximum size 8in x 10in. The photograph will portray a powerful woman; or portray womanhood as powerful.
- Any Graphic design software, including Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, or open source product, can be used.
- Submissions must include a small essay of 100 words or less describing how the photograph portrays a powerful woman; or how the photograph portrays womanhood as powerful.
- Photograph must be your own work and may not be submitted without artist’s consent.
- Multiple Submissions: Up to three submissions per artist.
- Submission Deadline:
Submissions accepted starting February 4, 2018. Artwork must be received by March 4, 2018.
- Entry Process:
Step One. Legibly label the back of each photograph submission with:
Title of work:
Step Two. Photographs and essay submitted by mail or in person at:
Fourth Floor, Fine Arts, Erik Jonsson Central Library,
1515 Young St., Dallas, TX 75201-5499
Closing Reception will be held March 31 at 3:00-5:30 PM in Pollock Performance Space
- Pick up:
Pick up artwork, Saturday, April 1, 2018 at Fourth Floor, Fine Arts, Central Library. Any work not picked up will be donated to a local charity.
- Dallas Public Library is granted permission to deny submissions. For more information contact: email@example.com
Deliver work to Central Library: Sunday, February 4 to Saturday, March 4, 2018
Exhibition dates: March 10 – March 31, 2018
Closing Reception: Saturday, March 31, 2018 3:00-5:30 PM
Pick up: Sunday, April 1, 2018 1:00-5:00 PM