The Pastel Society of The Southwest will have its National Juried Exhibition in October, 2017 at the Convention and Visitors Bureau of Grapevine Texas. Online submission deadline is August 6th 2017. Best of Show will receive $3, 200 in cash and merchandise. Enter at www.onlinejuriedshows.com
PSSW website: http://pssw.info
Open to all artists working in the soft pastel medium. Membership dues are $35.
• Entries must be original, unpublished and executed in the last 3 years.
• Student work produced under supervision is not eligible.
• Entries must not have been exhibited previously in a PSSW juried exhibition.
• Entries must be suitably framed under glass or Plexiglas.
• Painting must be framed and wired for hanging. No saw tooth hangers.
• *Framed work must not exceed 48 inches in height or width.
• All accepted work must remain at The Convention and Visitors Bureau for the duration of the exhibition.
• Failure to send your work after it has been accepted may result in disqualification from future PSSW shows.
• No Nudes.
• PSSW reserves the right to reject any work not meeting eligibility requirements or deemed inappropriate to The Convention and Visitors Bureau.
$35 for members and $45 for non-members 1-3 entries. $10 for each additional entry for a maximum of 5 entries. Entry fees are non-refundable and must be paid by the entry deadline. A maximum of two (2) can be accepted into the show!
Best of Show will receive $3,300 in cash and merchandise.
PSSW receives a 30% commission for all work sold.
The Convention and Visitors Bureau of Grapevine Texas
636 S. Main St.
Grapevine, Texas 76051
- CALENDAR CHECKLIST 2017AUGUST 6 – Entry DeadlineAUGUST 31 – Notification of acceptance.
Please check your e-mail carefully, even SPAM! You can also check Your Artist Profile on Online Juried Shows.SEPTEMBER 18 -29 – Out of Town Entries to Craters & Freighters.
OCTOBER 2 – Hand Delivered Entries Accepted at Convention and Visitors Bureau, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
OCTOBER 3 – Show Opens.
OCTOBER 7 – Grapevine Art Walk.
TBD – Awards and reception.
OCTOBER 31 – Exhibition Closes.
OCTOBER 31 – Pick up of hand delivered entries 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
NOVEMBER 30 – Shipped entries returned by this date.