12th Annual Hecho en Dallas Juried Exhibition
NOTE: A copy of this prospectus (PDF format), including the official Entry Form, may be downloaded at http://www.dallasculture.org/latinoCulturalCenter/pressRelease.asp
Hecho en Dallas is an annual juried exhibition designed to showcase the recent work of professional artists who reside and are active in the artistic environment of the Dallas area. The exhibition was conceived by the Latino Cultural Center in recognition of the talented pool of artists whose creative endeavors give vitality to the cultural movement in DFW.
- Submission deadline: Saturday, February 28, 2015 by 5 p.m.
- Not a postmark deadline. Entries received after the deadline will be disqualified.
- Notifications to artists: Saturday, March 14, 2015 via email
- Delivery of artwork: March 21-28, 2015, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Opening reception: Friday, April 10, 2015, 6-8 p.m..
- Exhibition dates: April 10 – June 20, 2015
- Pick-up artwork: June 23-June 30, 2015
• Artists must reside in the City of Dallas or within the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex
• Art must have been created within the last three years to be eligible
• Any medium will be considered; however, artists who exhibit artwork that requires the use of special equipment (computers, projectors, multimedia devices, etc.) will be responsible for providing such equipment for the duration of the exhibition
• Size limit for 3D artwork will not exceed 15 feet (length + width + depth), with the longest side of the piece not exceeding 7 feet
• For 2D artwork, the longest side cannot exceed 7 feet
• There is no entry fee for this juried exhibition
How to Submit Entries
Please submit the following for consideration:
• Max of three images of artwork to be considered; files should be named using the last name of the artist, first initial of first name, and sequential numbers for every digital photograph submitted. Example: GonzalezC1.jpg
• Artist statement of 50 words or less
• Artist may submit up to three different artworks to be considered following the parameters defined above.
• Completed Artist Entry Form
• Entries may be submitted by email at email@example.com or by mail or in person at the Latino Cultural Center, 2600 Live Oak St. Dallas, TX 75204
• Uncompleted submissions will not be considered
• Artists will be notified of selection Saturday, March 14, 2015 via email
• Works must be ready for display, including framing and a secure hanging device, if applicable. Artwork that is not suitable for hanging/displaying will not be included in the exhibition
Delivery of Entry Package
• Artwork must be delivered to the Latino Cultural Center, 2600 Live Oak Street, Dallas, Texas 75204, from March 21-28, 2015, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
• Mailed entries should arrive at the LCC by the deadline.
• Hand-delivered entries may be turned in during LCC regular hours, Tuesday-Saturday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.