Art in the Atrium 15
Call for Artists
Deadline–August 21, 2017
The City of Frisco seeks original, 2-Dimensional artworks by artists from Frisco and the surrounding area for the 15th installment of Art in the Atrium. Art in the Atrium 15 will showcase artistic excellence in the region, encourage public dialogue, understanding and enjoyment of visual art, and promote the City’s cultural and economic initiatives.
Art in the Atrium 15 is scheduled for Monday, October 9, 2017 through Friday, March 9, 2018.
The mission of the City of Frisco Public Art Program is to enrich Frisco’s artistic vitality and cultural vibrancy by bringing dynamic contemporary art to a broad audience of residents and visitors.
In keeping with that mission, the Public Art Board initiated Frisco’s ongoing Art in the Atrium series at the George A. Purefoy Municipal Center. This facility, with its open atrium design and tall limestone walls, has proven to be an exceptional venue for showcasing the artistic excellence of our local and regional artists.
SCHEDULE (Subject to Change)
- Monday, August 21, 2017, 4:00pm CST: The deadline for accepting submissions to Art in the Atrium 15
- Early September 2017: Selection process and notification of artists
- Friday, September 29, 2017 – 10 am to 2 pm, and 4 to 8 pm: Artists drop off selected artwork, framed and ready to hang, and original signed loan agreement at the George A. Purefoy Municipal Center (6101 Frisco Square Blvd., Frisco, TX 75034), 1st floor Executive Conference Room (Rm C130). Artists are encouraged to keep a copy of the signed agreement for their records. NOTE: This is the only day artwork will be accepted. Shipping artworks to the location is not permitted. If the artist cannot deliver it, please make arrangements for delivery of the artwork by someone else.
- Friday, October 6, 2017: Installation of artwork
- Friday, October 9, 2017: Exhibition opens
- Monday, October 16, 2017 – 6 to 8 pm: Artist Reception
- Friday, March 9, 2018: Exhibition closes
- Monday, March 12, 2018 – 10 am to 2 pm, and 4 to 8 pm: Artists pick up artwork at the George A. Purefoy Municipal Center (6101 Frisco Square Blvd., Frisco, TX 75034), 1st floor Executive Conference Room (Rm C130). NOTE: This is the only day artwork can be picked up. If the artist cannot retrieve it, please make arrangements for artwork pick up by someone else.