Dallas Love Field Airport – Phase II
The Public Art Program of the City of Dallas Office of Cultural Affairs requests the submission of qualifications from artists and/or artist teams to work with the Love Field Modernization Program team and the Public Art staff to participate in the design, fabrication and installation of public art at Dallas Love Field.
New public art will be the commissioned at Dallas Love Field to be completed by September 2017 – the 100th Anniversary of the Airport.
Locations for new public art commissions include:
- Spirit of Flight Park: 10,000 SF open space at the entrance to the parking garages A and B created by the relocation of the Spirit of Flight sculpture/fountain.
- Ticketing Hall Entrance: 2 story wall space with high visibility from pedestrians.
- Pedestrian Walkway: walkway from the new parking garage C to the Ticketing Hall.
- Pedestrian Bypass Corridor: pedestrian corridor to bypass the Ticketing Hall directly to concourse.
- Atruim at Building A: public entrance atrium at Administration Builiding
The public art budget for new commissions will be $1.6 million dollars. Each location will be assigned a budget commensurate with the scope and size of the location.